TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
KaYlA_jOe Offline
I WANNA LIVE IN walmart!!
Not a n00b

Name: KrAzY kAyLa

Question Joining the Navy - August 8th 2014, 10:42 AM

For years I have wanted to join the Navy but I feared my husband just wouldn't understand well he does haha. Right now in my life I am in a rut that I can't get out of. I have failed college numerous times because for some reason I just don't get it, the work, and I think what I need really is to be pushed to my full potential. A friend of mine is going to train me and help me get on the right track. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas about how to get in shape. I would greatly appreciate any ideas. I am also going to have an issue with the diet, we don't make enough money for healthy foods. We really don't make enough money for the not so healthy foods. I know what I want to do I just need the tools.

So RANDOM!!
IM THE KINDA GIRL EVERYONE WANTS TO BE BUT IS AFRIAD CAUSE THEY DON'T WANNA STICK OUT IN A CROWD!!!
  Send a message via MSN to KaYlA_jOe  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Gwynbleidd Offline
Seeking Zireael
Average Joe

Name: Mike

Re: Joining the Navy - August 8th 2014, 01:04 PM

Exercise everyday, but don't exercise till you drop dead, do it for 30-60 minutes. Make sure you get all types of exercise, cardio aerobic and lifting. And once your in shape go for the navy. Its gonna be rough just don't give up.

Tell me a lie in a beautiful way,
I believe in answers, just not today

"Ced'mil, bloede dh'oine... Hocus-pocus... Abracadabra...Arse blathanna..."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Zyzz Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Joining the Navy - August 8th 2014, 04:51 PM

honestly if your trying to join the navy just go off the navy physical fitness standards. i did the same when i joined the Army. and it worked out for me at that moment in time.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Joining the Navy - August 10th 2014, 09:25 AM

Watch what you eat and try to eat clean. Start slowly since getting injured is no fun. Here's a workout from Stew Smith who is a personal fitness trainer: http://fremontcountywy.org/wp-conten...-45dayplan.pdf

As for tips for trying to eat healthy, start making a chart of what you eat. Most places have clean tap water so replace drinks like pop, coffee, or sports drink with tap water. Even bottle water is expensive. It is a lot cheaper to drink tap water from a 10 dollar reusable water than to buy a case of bottle water ever month. Limit eating fast food and instead try to cook portions and freeze them. If possible, use a smaller plate since we will eat more if more is given to us. Instead of buying boxed meals, try to cook as much as possible.

Also, I would really talk to your husband about it before committing to joining the navy unless it's the reserves. My current boyfriend married his high school girlfriend and she knew he had signed the contract to enlist before he had graduated. She didn't want to move and we live in a state that has no Navy bases near us! That marriage didn't work out since he lived on the West coast and she remained in our state.

Closed Thread