TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

3 credit semester - January 2nd 2018, 08:23 PM

I've been considering ending my college career with an incredibly easy 3 credit semester. I'm already supposed to be here for 4 and half years, but I'm considering taking the extra half year too. It's getting really difficult for me to fit my classes in the way I want to get done on time, but I also want to spend that last semester looking for jobs and a girl/boyfriend. The way things are going right now, my life always seems so hectic, no matter what classes Im taking. It's really hard for me to look for a job or a girlfriend like this. With all the extra time from an easy semester, I could work as much as possible and really explore all my options. Also, it would make next year's rent situation easier (whole year instead of half).
I've been really anxious lately about the future and it just seems really difficult to transition into everything. I really feel like this will help me ease into my later adult life. Is this a good idea?

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: 3 credit semester - January 2nd 2018, 10:53 PM

The way you made it seem is that this is the end of your college career, so if you've already met your requirements I don't see why not. I just finished and technically I only needed 6 credits (two specific classes) to graduate, but I needed to take at least 12 (four classes) to live on campus. So as long as this doesn't affect your housing or anything like that, I don't see why not. It seems like it would help you transition because you'd still have the familiarity of school but also time to get acclimated into other things. I kind of wish I did it that way because now I have no job and nowhere to start.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Re: 3 credit semester - January 2nd 2018, 11:00 PM

Alrighty... So I made a mistake, it looks like Im actually way ahead of where I thought, and I'll probably be doing about 9 credits in the fall. That's not very busy, so I might be able to do this anyway.

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
daria Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: 3 credit semester - January 3rd 2018, 01:49 PM

it is hard in your school ?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Re: 3 credit semester - January 3rd 2018, 09:25 PM

Yes, very.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Re: 3 credit semester - January 5th 2018, 06:33 PM

Well never mind, it looks like I might be taking 3 credits in the fall, actually.
Theoretically, I think I could possibly finish all my requirements by the end of summer if I took 16 or 17 credits this semester. But I don't want to do that, honestly. I'm not ready to leave. I'm gonna spend my last four months looking for jobs and trying to get laid.

Last edited by MWF; January 5th 2018 at 06:56 PM.

Closed Thread