TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Pour the Teapot Offline
Train whistles and cicadas
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Chloe

Talking my first job! - June 26th 2009, 10:08 PM

so i've been wanting to do babysitting because i like hanging out with kids and i need the money, so i went for a "trail run" with these two girls (my dad was friends with their dad), one is a couple years younger than me, and the other is several years younger than me. so i took them to the pool and fed them snacks i brought from home and even bought them candy. and we had a nice time and then their brother picked them up and they went home. i totally thought that is was a free gig, but no, their mom payed me for it! so i am now $20 richer and very pleased to have a job now. i'll probably get to babysit them again and make more money. and it's fun becuase they are nice and not too young, and just fun to hang out with so this will be a very enjoyable job. just thought i'd share that. (this also might go in the good days forum, so feel free to move it there) yay!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
J&M's Mommy Offline
Formerly SilasLove:)
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Kala

Re: my first job! - June 26th 2009, 11:42 PM

Thats great! Lots of people do not get to enjoy what they do to make money. I know my last job was miserable, and I hated it with a fierce passion. But, it paid the bills. Lol. I just started a new job this week and so far it is enjoyable. I am still learning, and although it is mega boring .. its kind of challenging and I kind of like it!! Haha.

Anyhow .. I hope you get to babysit more so you can make that paper!!

Single Mommy since July 2011
Joseph, 4 and Madelyn, 3

my back-to-back babies are 1 year, 1 week and 1 day apart.

Closed Thread