TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LuciaLight Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Christina Lucia

Question Transfering to New school for Senior year! - August 13th 2009, 04:05 PM

My old school, which is a realy small private school closed down last year. Which was hell considering it helped me get closer to God and changed me from being a bad person to a better one. Anyways it pisses me off that i have to start a new school and start all over with friends and get a name for myself.In one year. I only had one more year of highschool left and they close down.

The school is HUGE. My friends from my old school ( like 5) that are going there are scattered all over the school. Like one is in theater, i cant sing to save my life. One is a band geek ( she refers herself as a band geek lol). And so forth. I dont have a group, i know a lot of people in the theater but again it's not my thing. I like writing and getting in business, but still. Im going to walk in that school like a ghost. Im scared. and i honestly dont think i'll even pass the year from the change. The other school had like 10 kids in each class, which made it easier to communicate with the teacher and get help. Here classes have 30 at most in each class. I am hoping that i will be okay, but honestly, it rediculous. I just wanna skip senior year and go straight to college.

Help?

Justin <3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
sushi_error Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Transfering to New school for Senior year! - August 13th 2009, 05:59 PM

I'm sorry to hear that! You will just have to try to make the best of this situation and focus on your studies, etc. It may be hard at first, but I am sure you will meet new people and have great teachers. You should consider joining some clubs, because you are bound to find people with the same interests as you! Plus, you will still be in touch with your old friends no matter what. Good luck! I'm sure you will excel this year.

Check out my blog: White-Out Blots

How did Mandela get the will to surpass the everyday,
When injustice had him caged and trapped in every way,
How did Ghandi ever withstand the hunger strikes and all,
Didn't do it to gain power or money if I recall,
It's to give; I guess I'll pass it on

- Take a Minute, K'naan

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Transfering to New school for Senior year! - August 13th 2009, 08:46 PM

Hey there,

I am sorry that this happened to you but it will be okay. I know how difficult it can be to go to a new school but in the end you will make it through.

I think one thing you could try to do is set up a place to meet with your other friends; the thing to remember is that they are going to a new school as well and they are probably feeling just as uncomfortable about it all. If you guys meet at lunch you can still hang out with each other and give each other moral support; it may not be the same as your old school but at least its something, right?

The next thing you could try to do is join some clubs. I know it will be a hard thing to do but it might help you meet new people. At my old high school they had book clubs, art clubs...so many clubs that I didn't know how to choose, do you think your new school will have clubs? Joining a club might help you meet people who have the same interests as you and it might help you meet people in smaller groups. If your school has clubs give it a shot.

As for the teachers; bigger classes do suck but that doesn't mean you won't get one on one time with your teacher. something you could try is say 'hi' to your teacher everyday and slowly get to know them and get more comfortable with them that way when you have a question you won't feel as uncomfortable asking them for help. Another thing is sometimes on the first day of school teachers will do a little game or 'assignment' to help them get to know you as a student and to help you get to know them as a teacher.

The main thing is try not to stress because it will all work out in the end.

I hope this helped and best of luck.

~Jenna~

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
w8less Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Transfering to New school for Senior year! - August 14th 2009, 05:30 AM

oh man, that sounds like a rough situation, but I think you'll be okay. the best thing to do is walk in with a positive attitude. If you go in thinking you wont make any friends, then you wont make any friends.

I personally could hate high school very easily because there aren't very many kids on my maturity level. However, it's possible to make friends. I've developed a kind of filter...you'll learn who's worth your time and who isn't very fast.

as for the large class issue...you just can't be afraid to ask for help. One of the main reasons kids dont get help is because they won't take the initiative to raise their hand. even if you think it sounds like a dumb question, chances are, someone else has the same one. and if you don't feel comfortable doing that, most teachers would be happy to do one on one tutoring. again, you just have to ask!

I know how nervous you'll be when you start, starting anything new is always hard. But if the school is as big as you're saying, half of the people won't even know you're new! trust me, my school is gigantic.

just remember, don't be afraid to put yourself out there. If you don't talk, then nobody will get to know you. who knows, maybe this year will be the best year of your life! you just have to make an effort to be positive...I know that's hard too, this is coming from one of the most anxious and negative people you'll ever meet lol.

good luck! my thoughts are with you

Closed Thread