TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
udontno Offline
</3?
I can't get enough

Name: Amanda Kate

The Great Gatsby Soundtrack Project - October 14th 2009, 12:52 AM

I've searched, hoping someone else had done this and talked about it on here so I'd have ideas but no luck. So here goes... Potential spoilers if you have not read the book.

We read The Great Gatsby for my AP English class. We have been assigned a soundtrack project. We have to pick five songs and write 75 words (for each song) about why we picked the song. It has to relate to the book. It's basically the soundtrack of the book. I've googled and gotten a few suggestions and I've decided on three songs. However, I need five. Here are the three that I've chosen.
  • I Want You To Want Me-- Cheap Trick
  • We Can Try-- Between the Trees
  • I Remember-- Kenny Chesney
If you haven't read the book, chances are that you could still help me. There is a lot of partying in the book. Gatsby falls in love with a woman who cannot wait for him to return from war and marries someone else. He meets the woman again, later in life, and they have an affair. At the end of the book, a character is shot and another character shoots himself. Anything related to that would be interesting. One character is killed in an accident. I could possibly tie something into that.

I also have to write two songs and design album covers (front and back) for the book. I have no clue what I'm going to do for the album covers. :-/

This project is due on Friday. Any help would be very appreciated. :-)

<3 Amanda Kate
Read my blog here. :-)
"because we always carried a piece of each other around."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: The Great Gatsby Soundtrack Project - October 14th 2009, 01:12 AM

I know that when I read Gatsby my teacher put a heavy influence on the significance of the car in the story and how there could be a metaphor with Gatsby and his car, with people left in the wake of it.
So, what about the song 'Fast Car' by Tracy Chapman? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfqEi...eature=related) It's not perfect, but it would work for the story. ('Starting from zero, got nothing to lose' seems like Gatsby )

EDIT: 'Someday' by John Legend (off of the August Rush soundtrack) would be an awesome choice! Lyrics here: http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/augustrush/someday.htm and video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZpOdpFvtBs

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Last edited by Strider; October 14th 2009 at 01:31 AM.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
udontno Offline
</3?
I can't get enough

Name: Amanda Kate

Re: The Great Gatsby Soundtrack Project - October 14th 2009, 01:44 AM

I like the Someday song. However, I fear that I'm going to end up with all of my songs being about the love aspect of the novel.

The Fast Car song could be made to work for this, I think. Not exactly alike, but I could make it work.

I'll keep both of those songs in mind. If anyone else has more suggestions, please let me know. :-)

<3 Amanda Kate
Read my blog here. :-)
"because we always carried a piece of each other around."

Closed Thread