TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Help suspended from work. (long) - October 28th 2009, 08:12 AM

I was suspended from my part-time job for two weeks. I was thinking okay suspended for two week and then i can just go back and work again. Then i did some research on bein suspended and i went to Yahoo Question and some of the answers were like;

Quote:
If you got suspended you are an idiot. Get a clue they want you to quit. They are not going to fire you because of unemployment
or

Quote:
They want you to quit. They are probably trying to replace you or move the schedule around to get along without you. I would start looking for something else. I have never seen anyone come back from suspension.
Now im worried A) The day or day after i seen my job listd on the job bank. [wasn't thinking much because we are low on staff for awhile] B) i have never been suspended from work before.

But ughs, that one quote about how "get a clue they want you to quit" my boss told me to call her in two weeks to see if i still want my job or if i still have it. I can't really remember i was really emotional.

Has anyone ever been suspended from work? or know of anyone?

Oh yeah, I work at a Motor Inn, in housekeeping and a guest says they found drugs between the sheets, which is bull! and bang im suspended for two weeks.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pandamonium Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Steph

Re: Help suspended from work. (long) - October 28th 2009, 09:52 AM

I was suspended from work and was able to return back to my job, no issues. If they let you return, the best thing you can do is keep your head up, remind them you didn't do it, but leave it at that.

You'll probably have to undergo drug testing and etc if they're really particular. Being suspended doesn't mean they don't want you in every situation, often times it's just a course of action to make an employee realize the consequences of their actions. (Whether you committed those actions or not) Probably best not to rely on Yahoo Answers on this one.
  Send a message via MSN to Pandamonium  
Closed Thread