TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

F*cked. - December 18th 2009, 06:23 AM

I'm in my 2nd year in college.
I've lost faith in myself.
I have no interest in this course. I, now despise and since it is so stressful which means I've lost motivation to try hard. My GPA is so fucking low, I'm scared to tell my parents that I don't want to be in it anymore. I know, I should right now but it's really not that easy. I've failed so many courses, it's fucking sad. I feel worthless and I haven't found anyone who can relate to me.

I'm having a life crisis or something...I don't even know what I wanna go into...or what my future would be like...

Btw, I have been diagnosed with depression and anxiety...
I am trying my best to hang in there...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Trickmatic Offline
-
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: F*cked. - December 19th 2009, 02:23 AM

Hey there. (Welcome to TeenHelp by the way :] )

I can relate to you when it comes to school along with choosing a future career as I am in my 2nd year of university as well, and it is definitely tough.

Many students (especially in second year) get disinterested in their program of study and feel discouraged to do the work.I would strongly recommend making use of your school's resources. Your school should have a career centre that is designed to help students who are in your situation. They can help with finding programs within your school that interest you, as well as finding possible careers that you are interested in. It will help you organize your thoughts and help you narrow the list of possibilities that may be going on in your head.

Also, keep in mind that many people switch their career paths once they are done their degree, and even more than once! The degree you graduate with does not ultimately define the job opportunities that will be available to you for the rest of your life. You still have many years to find out.

This is something that you have to tell your parents, especially if they are helping you pay for school. It is a scary proposition, considering that school is very important, but they are part of your life. They can help you formulate a plan to decide what is best for you.

In the meantime, do your best to proceed with the current program that you are in. It is important that you do, even though you may dislike it now. Certain programs that you are interested in may require a certain GPA level for you to transfer into. I'd also suggest seeking counseling at your school to help with the depression and anxiety issues. Doing poorly in school does have an effect on mental health and vice versa.

Keep hanging in there. If you need someone, PM me if you do want to talk.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Zyzz Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: F*cked. - December 20th 2009, 01:14 PM

i agree with Trick.
alot of people do go though it. i did too. but i did after my first semester in college.
ive heard that students change there major atleast 6-7 times before they graduate. i would do what Trick said and look into that career center and see if you can find something that interests you. or maybe go to school with something else that interests you. stay strong and Jah Bless.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Nicolette Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Nicolette

Re: F*cked. - December 23rd 2009, 02:06 AM

College isn't always a walk in the park, somedays there really doesn't feel like there's anything to drive you to studying, reading a million books and doing TONS of homework... been there done that. Something that might help is making personal goals and then rewarding yourself for achieving them.

"When it comes down to it I let them think what they want, if they care enough to bother with what I do then I'm already better than them." Marilyn Monroe.
  Send a message via MSN to Nicolette Send a message via Yahoo to Nicolette  
Closed Thread