TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
smurf90210 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: they call me...Smurf

Unhappy Ahhhh please help!! - February 11th 2010, 03:29 AM

can somebody out there offer some advice? I'm a freshman in high school and the stress of the work is killing me! I know what everybody is going to say, "oh he's just a freshman so he doesn't get as much work as me!" well this isn't about you (not to sound rude or anything) Right now I am taking Accelerated Algebra and Geometry (3 years of math in 2) Honors language arts, Physical science (im signed up for advanced biology next year) Civics, health, and band. All the homework adds up to about 3 and a half hours a night. I can't stand the stress its putting on me. I'm also working a job as a referee on weekends and I'm helping my mom clean offices because i feel bad when she has to do it all by herself and that takes up about 3 to 5 hours each. I am currently an A student with great friends but some of them are starting to hang around me less because im getting frustrated at them easier because of stress. So can anybody help me out? I'm willing to try anything at this point...

Last edited by smurf90210; February 11th 2010 at 03:37 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
hopefaithlove Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Ahhhh please help!! - February 11th 2010, 03:41 AM

Hey there. I hate when people say "Oh Freshman year, that's easy!" Because at the time, when they were in the situation, they probably felt the same way that you feel!

I am similar to you. I was a perfectionist and had to do well in school. It all comes down to time management and planning ahead. Use your time very wisely. Don't procrastinate, because then you will end up freaking out while trying to do the assignment. Reward yourself when you do well and give yourself some breaks. You can do it!! Keep your chin up!

There is always hope. PM me anytime.
SH Free since 10.20.08

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Ahhhh please help!! - February 11th 2010, 08:14 AM

If you're willing to try anything then the first thing is to set your priorities. In 3 chunks, you're doing school, work and optional cleaning. The school is non-negotiable I'm assuming and you're working probably because you need the money. If so, drop or reduce the cleaning with your mother. It may pain you but when your ship is sinking, you see what you don't need and can live without. If you're not working for money then you could also drop that instead or at least reduce it. Either way, drop or reduce the cleaning or work (if it's not for money if you don't need the money desperately).

Once you've sorted yourself out then you can begin making your schedules. I'm not going to say "Oh poor you, so much school work" because I was the same. It's a lot of work but you need to do it and that's your main focus. Extra things that are in the way and can be dropped or reduced easier should be if you're stressing out.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread