TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Chaos Theory Offline
Knowledge will truimph.
Junior TeenHelper

FAFSA - April 22nd 2010, 05:12 AM

So I just handed in my FAFSA (I got to UMass, it is the only form needed) and I wonder...is it kinda late? Haha. I kind of need a full aid to go to college, but I have been ridiculously swarmed with work that I couldn't even get a good start on it. My parents just dump everything on me (including my brother's financial aid) and didn't do anything to help me.

To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the approbation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty; To find the best in others; To give of one's self; To leave the world a bit better...; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived - This is to have succeeded. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

http://www.formspring.me/ToucheTurtle <-- Ask me a question

(#2 (permalink)) Old
TakeTheLeap Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Emily

Re: FAFSA - April 22nd 2010, 01:12 PM

Hey there!

I end up turning my FAFSA in late every year. Either something comes up, I don't get the forms I need to fill it out on time, or whatever the case may be... I still get aid. However, the later you turn it in, the less money they have to give, so you -might- not get full aid. But you still might. It just depends on how they operate, which can vary.

Good luck!
~Em

“Don't get too comfortable with who you are at any given time. You may miss the opportunity to become who you want to be." ~Jon Bon Jovi

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SexySquirrel Offline
<(+_+)>--反叛--<(+_+)>
Average Joe

Name: Rebekah

Re: FAFSA - April 22nd 2010, 03:05 PM

i dont' know if it's too late, i turned mine in a few months ago, mine for finalized 2 days ago. maybe it's too late? it depends when your semester starts at school probably

Joined TH : September 10, 2005
You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.
You're on your own.
And you know what you know.
You are the guy who'll decide where to go.
~Dr. Seuss

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Chaos Theory Offline
Knowledge will truimph.
Junior TeenHelper

Re: FAFSA - April 23rd 2010, 11:00 PM

My parents' contribution is 0, so I am kinda screwed if they don't give me full. The tuition is around 25k, which isn't all that much compared to other places. Idk. If my parents start yelling at me, I am just going to reply them I don't have any time to do everything they dumb on me.

To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the approbation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty; To find the best in others; To give of one's self; To leave the world a bit better...; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived - This is to have succeeded. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Re: FAFSA - April 23rd 2010, 11:03 PM

I just got mine and I got a total of over 5,000 for my schooling! My EFC was 0, which is the lowest. I think It just depends on your family contribution. You just have to wait and see how much the school will give you.

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Chaos Theory Offline
Knowledge will truimph.
Junior TeenHelper

Re: FAFSA - April 23rd 2010, 11:46 PM

Yeah..My EFC is 0 as well, haha. I have scholarship and student aid to cover the rest, but still. It is late, I suppose, but nothing else can really be done. I am really crossing my finger this time. DX

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: FAFSA - April 30th 2010, 05:54 AM

They'll still give you aid if it's after the deadline, you just won't be at the top of the list. But if your contribution is 0, you should get aid. My FAFSA, although turned in, hasn't been processed yet, so I know the worrying feeling. My school is almost 40k a year, not the cheapest ever but also not the worst, so yeah, I'd love to have your tuition. xD

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
Closed Thread