TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MermaidMassacre Offline
Finding beauty in darkness.
I've been here a while

Name: Bridget

I graduated! Scary. O_O - May 30th 2010, 07:34 PM

I am excited but ehh at the same time.
I've been going to the same school and around the same people for the past 13 years.
Now it's all gone and done with.
Everything i've known and been use to is gone.
I'm starting over. O_O
New school, new people, I can be a new person.
Just crazy!
Then i get a job!
And get married.
and babies.
and...
Wow....
Life is suddenly scary.
I almost wanna go back.
I'm not ready to do all this!

Did anyone else feel like this?
That suddenly you're just thrown out into the world?

And...i'm going to be eighteen in two months.
Im not ready to be an adult...
The unknown is freaking scary!

Sorry, i'm still getting over the shock factor.

I'll do whatever it takes to be the mistake you can't live without.
  Send a message via AIM to MermaidMassacre Send a message via MSN to MermaidMassacre Send a message via Yahoo to MermaidMassacre Send a message via Skype™ to MermaidMassacre 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Arie. Offline
Olive you :D
Regular TeenHelper

Re: I graduated! Scary. O_O - May 31st 2010, 04:16 AM

Oh, I know what you mean. I graduated HS 2 years ago!, and to be honest with you, I was freaked out that it was coming to an end, I was leaving my best friend,my favorite teachers, all that good times I had with my friends and I was moving out to another city to start college and just starting over basically and also that I was having this thought like 2 days before graduation of not wanting to graduate but I was really relieved once I walked across the stage, it's the best feeling ever, really haha [: I mean all that memories, the good and bad I had in my 4 years of HS, I've accomplished so much but I wouldn't want to relive it lol, there's just so much for me to explore into the real world, not saying it's going to be easy and you;re right, what we;re heading towards in life is unknown, kind of scary but at the same time, I;m willing to take the risk and learn from my experiences and learn what the world has to offer and as a High School graduate, it doesn't mean the end for me,it is the beginning, you would want to explore your options and opportunities, I'm only 20 and I'm living my life to the fullest each day, I'm loving college, making new friends and still getting use to the fact that I'm miles away from my family and friends but I'm also loving the fact that I'm growing up and that I have this freedom and just being independent. So yeahh, I know where you're coming from,you definitely weren't the only one and also congrats and best of luck love! [:

I hope you have the strength to start all over again.- F.Scott Fitzgerald
  Send a message via MSN to Arie.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: I graduated! Scary. O_O - May 31st 2010, 04:43 AM

I know I graduated from High School last year and leaving behind everything I knew for the last 4 years was quiet scary and going back home to a new school. At first it seemed scary because you go not knowing anyone but now I love it. University is nothing compared to High School it's so much better and you meet people that share the same interests as you, and take the classes you want.

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Josh

Re: I graduated! Scary. O_O - June 1st 2010, 07:45 PM

Congratulations - but, lol, - DON'T worry about college. college is an EXTENSION from high school. wait until you graduate from college... that's when you need to worry (because you'll be 22 going on 17 and expected to function in an adult's world). But college is nothing more than four more years of high school; just this time you get to pick your classes. there's really nothing different about it.

Well, it's high school in the sense that it's schooling and classes and tests. Everything is perfectly lined out for you. All you need to do is pick your classes and the times you want to go. Plus, there's no more (well, maybe a couple -but rare) ass holes to deal with like there are in high school (at least in my view as a used-to-be-outcast)

Take the most of it for what you have. College isn't being an adult. No one in college has ever felt like an adult, I'm 22 and none of my friends (because we talked about it prior to graduating college) feels like we're adults - we still have teenage angst by the millions. We're just given more freedom - yet, scarier challenges like this fucked up economy our parents screwed us over with. That's reality bites.

By the time you graduate, hopefully the world won't be in the post-Bush age (hated growing up under that idiot, still have repercussions for those in early twenties) and things will look better.

But, yeah - don't be scared about college. You're life will go on EXACTLY like it was in High School. Just with more freedom of classes and class schedules. At first it might seem scary, but take it from a college graduate - those years are probably gonna be the easiest in your life. So relax, enjoy, and just have fun -- while ensuring you graduate....

"Maybe I just like people. Maybe sexuality isn't one thing or the other. Maybe it's just something that's shifting and moving. I just know I'm not thinking man or woman."
- SHAMELESS.

Last edited by ThePunkAlien; June 1st 2010 at 07:53 PM.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Lightning Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Anna

Re: I graduated! Scary. O_O - June 4th 2010, 02:57 AM

I know how you feel. I felt the same way when I graduated in '08 from High School. I didn't want to leave everything behind, my friends, some of the teachers, etc..
I go to college and it's like an extension of HS. My advice for college is..

Know the deadlines of enrollment
Know the deadlines for applying for some help with paying for college
You should have a general idea of your major hopefully.

I think of college like HS somewhat. You are however responsible for things you would normally be in HS. ie turning in HW
  Send a message via AIM to Lightning Send a message via MSN to Lightning  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
BabyIndia Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: India

Re: I graduated! Scary. O_O - June 4th 2010, 02:59 AM

Wooohoooo

Congratulations on graduating

Closed Thread