TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Grades (Vent) - June 1st 2010, 02:17 AM

I checked my grades for the semester. 3 A's a C (which should have been an A or that was what I was told by my teacher previously) and a D. I have a 3.4 but I have D on my transcript. I shouldn't have a D but I started ditching the class because of my ED. That sounds like an excuse but I was so tired and it was a PE class (that went for 1hr and 50mins) and I couldn't muster the strength to go to the classes. And the last class, the final, had food involved and I couldn't muster the strength to be around food.

The teacher had originally set the final for may 6 and it took all my strength to go that day. I was so nervous about eating in front of people and what not. I get there the 6th and she changed it. I couldn't be bothered to go to the real final because I was so tired and just blah. Now I don't know what to do. I think I could get a medical excuse but I don't know if my doctor would do it. I might talk to her about it wednesday.

I just feel like I am going to be in school forever. I should have had A's and B's not D's and C's. Stupid ED. STUPID ME.

Anyway, has anyone had this happen? I had it happen my first semester and I got a doctors note and the grade was taken off. Do you think I could do it again for that class? IDK. IDK. IDK. I am not stupid but I feel stupid.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Grades (Vent) - June 1st 2010, 03:36 AM

If you can get a doctor's note, then try but you've also got to work on reducing the symptoms of the ED then eventually the ED entirely because as you said, you cannot keep using it as excuses. For the final you missed due to it involving food, the school may be unwilling to accept it because the doctor has to give evidence you could not be around food, and making up excuses is illegal on their part. If the school is sympathetic towards your ED then by all means try to use it to pass the courses when you miss exams.

As for having C's and D's removed due to you ditching the courses, I don't think a doctor's note would be sufficient for that so you'd need to argue your case to the administration in a way whereby your mental status was too poor to attend class given the activities done in class. It's one you may not win because you chose to skip the classes despite having still been able to attend.

Not going to the final due to general fatigue is not an excuse that gets you what you want. Myself and others have tried it but it often fails. If the doctor's note explained why you could not attend, your doctor would get you into treatment but I'm not sure if the school will accept the excuse.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Tomb Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Grades (Vent) - June 1st 2010, 06:00 AM

Ive gotten a C... because i hate the professor. I skipped most of his classes lol. so its really my fault..

I got A's and B+'s on that semester. and one C.

The professor was really an ass. He makes sexual jokes to this student. about how the students boyfriend cheat on them lol. or how she will never get a boyfriend cuz she will fail her accounting license exam and will work in macdonalds forever. even though she is really smart..

Well i guess hes still teaching, there is a exterme shortage of accounting profs.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: Grades (Vent) - June 1st 2010, 08:59 AM

To be honest I don't think it would work. I understand EDs so I kind of get why you would have found it hard to go, but there was no reason why you absolutely could not go. The reason why I don't think it will work is because it's being done in hindsight. You got a poor grade, and to the school it will be like you're creating excuses to wipe it from the record (Esp as you've said this has happened before).

What you should have done and what you should do in future is talk to the school about the problems you're having whilst they're happening. Not after. Explain why you're struggling, get a supporting doctors note. The schooll might be able togive you extra support too.

I hope things work out for you!

(RAH) + (AH) + RO(MA + MAMA) + (GA) + OOH + (LA) = Bad Romance

Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one.
It's fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around.
And PLEASE don't try and shove it down my throat.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Grades (Vent) - June 1st 2010, 09:46 PM

I did it in the past, two semesters ago, if I were to get a doctors note they would have to excuse it. They can't not. It is a medical issue. It was a PE class. It doesn't matter though. I don't really care. I just put that up to vent. I know the school would have to excuse me from it for extenuating circumstances I just don't care to try. My Doctor probably wouldn't give me a note anyways.

I just needed to vent. Nothing more.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread