TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Stuckinhell Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sammy

Really struggling- history personal assighnment - February 12th 2009, 08:17 AM

So...I've found some books and things on the topic: Motives behind the death of Amy Dudley.

But i've no idea where to go from here. What were meant to do. Has anyone done the personal assighnment? Coz i could really do with some help. Time's running by, and i havent started. I'm panicking like crazy, and our teacher wont help.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Guardian_Angel Offline
Protector.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Peter

Re: Really struggling- history personal assighnment - February 14th 2009, 07:29 AM

Wow, I have to say that it was amazingly harsh and out of order that your teacher just left you hanging on your personal study!

I have to do, my own personal study over this half term, but my teacher helped me set out a guide?

Though that was done ages ago... I suppose if it helps nobody but me had even started?

and i only started cos i was actually interested in it...
I have no idea about your subject matter I mean I'm doing Napoleon. But the way that my teacher set it out was well I'm doing the hundred days and I was looking at what happened and looking at how he did it. So your looking at the motives? so I don't know you go through all the different reasons and give a historical background... is there any other teacher you could go to who can help you? your form tutor?
head of year even?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Stuckinhell Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sammy

Re: Really struggling- history personal assighnment - February 14th 2009, 08:58 AM

Our college is really shitty. They set us work, and expect us todo it. wont help us atall. I've got the headings...basically....each person that could have had a motive. Should i just read books, and kinda bulletpoint info under these?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Chazzz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Charlotte

Re: Really struggling- history personal assighnment - February 14th 2009, 11:19 AM

This is how I would do it...

Part 1 - Background on Amy Dudley. Who she was, what she did, what happened to her etc.

Part 2 - Talk about each person/motive behind her death. Go into detail about why and perhaps make links between them if they have any. Talk about the most commonly understood motive and why that may be the case.

Part 3 - Conclude. Give your opinion on the matter with explanation. Talk about the perception of Amy Dudley today etc.

Probably how I would go about it. Always plan too. As you research, develop a plan and insert the relevant bullet points into it so when you come to write up the actual assignment you simply have to expand on the bullet points.

Closed Thread