TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Disorganization makes me crazy! - August 23rd 2010, 06:12 PM

Ahhhh! So I've been working at the Y for like a month and a half now and I STILL don't have a regular schedule. It's really been bugging me because my boss texts me the day of, asking me to work tonight. I feel like I can't even make plans because then I'd let her down if I couldn't sinc their aren't many staff. I watch over children with 1 or 2 other staff members while the children's parents work out or take classes or whatever. Usually I only work with only 1 other staff member so I feel awful not being able to work. But anyway, Monday night I texted my boss a bunch of times, asking if I was working Sunday morning. Usually she texts me back right away saying yes or no. Well, she didn't text me back and I started getting worried. I sent her another text saying if you need me tomorrow morning call my house at 8. Well, she called my house at nine thirty and told my dad I was supposed to be at work a half hour ago. My dad woke me up, I called her back and told her I texted her. She said that at the last meeting she mentioned me working every Sunday, but I guess I don't remember it being a definate thing. I just can't stand how unorganized she is. I mean, I just learn the emergency plans and everything and she had me working before I even got a work permit. So yesturday, when I called her back, I said I could come it. But I was sick, I had a really bad sore throat and she could hear it in my voice. She said if I'm sick, not to come it, so I didn't. Well today, I'm a lot better, but still have a little cold. She wants me to work today, I asked her if it's okay I'm still a bit sick, and guess what?! No reply! Like honestly, I will be working in 3 hours! It's ridiculous. I'm just getting really frustrated because I feel like I'm getting in trouble for her mistakes. Advice??

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
wonderbread Offline
Like a dude
I've been here a while

Name: Ashley

Re: Disorganization makes me crazy! - August 25th 2010, 12:23 AM

Tell her how you are feeling and tell her you are getting extremely confused. Tell her that you never know if it is for certain when you are supposed to come in and ask her to be more assertive and text you first when she knows when you are working. Have her write down you a set schedule for when you are to work.

I would also suggest trying to find another job that is a bit more organized and regular schedule.

Always remember to put your happiness first.
  Send a message via MSN to wonderbread  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: Disorganization makes me crazy! - August 25th 2010, 01:14 AM

I love the job and I was like the only one out of all my friends who managed to find a job in this economy. Supposedly there will be a regular schedule soon but then again she said that a month ago. I think if it keeps up I will ask her to let me know in advance.

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

Closed Thread