TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kumagoro Offline
Formerly ChaosControl
I've been here a while

AS-going-on-A2 - August 26th 2010, 02:47 PM

Really sorry if there's already a thread about this, but I was looking through the forums and found a lot of people are talking about their overall A level results. Anyone here just got their AS results and going on to A2 in a few weeks? I am really peeing myself over it. AS was hard enough as it is, I'm terrified of getting rejected from the uni I want to go to next year, I might need to retake a module and do another GCSE...it's just so stressful!
What results did you get, are you dropping a subject or carrying on with everything in the second year?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
freehugs Offline
Free hug giver :)
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Katherine

Re: AS-going-on-A2 - August 31st 2010, 01:40 AM

hi

Yeah im AS i already dropped bio in the 2nd week so i have to carry all three on..
I got AAB
In philosophy and ethics, psychology & food tech

I want to take a childrens nursing degree though so i dont need many points 240 max.. and theres always the diploma which i already have the grades for as a fall back..

I sound like i have everything sorted i really haven't, i've spent all day looking up unis as i have no idea where to go.. and i thought i was going to fail this year, so im not looking forward to next year.. i haven't even begun my personal statement :/

What about you?
xxx

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: AS-going-on-A2 - August 31st 2010, 01:51 AM

Hey there, I'll be starting my A2's in a week's time.

I didn't get the results I wanted and although they weren't bad it means I'm determined to work extra hard this year. My social life is being pretty much put on hold for the most part

I feel the same way as you, there's a university I'm desperate to go to for several reasons and if I get rejected then I don't know what I'm going to do. Also, my personal statement for UCAs is driving me mad, I wanted to get a draft done by the time I went back to school so I could have the teacher look over it but I'm nowhere near finished.

I've decided to drop Maths next year and I might pick up another AS level depending on whether I can fit it into my timetable. So that leaves me with Biology, Chemistry and Psychology which I'm carrying on with

(#4 (permalink)) Old
freehugs Offline
Free hug giver :)
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Katherine

Re: AS-going-on-A2 - August 31st 2010, 02:01 AM

wow you're up late?

Mmmm im undecided whether to pick up extended project qualification AS ?

I don't even know whether unis accept it...

xxx

(#5 (permalink)) Old
L'espoir Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jen

Re: AS-going-on-A2 - August 31st 2010, 07:48 AM

Katherine have you tried talking to a careers advisor at your college? They should be able to let you know whether or not it is a good idea to take that and if it's accepted or not

PM // VM

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: AS-going-on-A2 - August 31st 2010, 08:58 AM

I am resitting my A2's because I didn't get into Uni so I am going to join this thread

I am resitting A2 Biology and 1 module of A2 Religious Studies. I have also picked up AS Applied Health and Social Care Double Award.

By the end of this year I will have 2 A2's and 2 AS's (well 3 if you count my E in Maths) I did maths at A2 and failed and there is no way to save it in a year.

I am now trying to find Uni's that will accept 2 A2's and 2 AS's if they make up the points needed. I needed 240 this year but the Uni's have raised it now and it is anywhere between 260 and 300 depending on the Uni.
If they don't accept this the college has said I can continue to A2 with Health and Social Care and I will have 4 A2's if they could my double award as 2 if not I will have the 3 they want. Ok I will be 20 when I start Uni and will have been in 6th form/college for 4 years but I will get there and I am bloody determined and stubborn

This second chance is a good thing because I hated my PS last year so now I know what to do and how to make it awesome. Same with interviews and student finance forms etc.

Good luck everyone

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Kumagoro Offline
Formerly ChaosControl
I've been here a while

Re: AS-going-on-A2 - August 31st 2010, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freehugs View Post
I got AAB
In philosophy and ethics, psychology & food tech

What about you?
xxx
Wow, those are really good results. Well done!
I'm doing Psychology, Biology, Sociology and English Literature. I got AABB in my AS results and hopefully carrying on all four this year.
I'm the same; I'm convinced I'll try even harder next time because the second year sounds so difficult! I've started my personal statement but it's not very good and I'm dreading applying to UCAS.
Hope you enjoy your second year I'm sure we'll get through it somehow, despite the stress! xx

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Kumagoro Offline
Formerly ChaosControl
I've been here a while

Re: AS-going-on-A2 - August 31st 2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leikela View Post
I needed 240 this year but the Uni's have raised it now and it is anywhere between 260 and 300 depending on the Uni.
The creative writing course I wanted to do raised the points up to 300 I know they can't help it 'cos it's getting so competitive, but it's just so much pressure.
Fingers crossed, and good luck everyone

Closed Thread