TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

everyone starting sixth form! - August 26th 2010, 05:26 PM

Hello fellow about-to-start-sixth-form people!

I didn't do my GCSE's this year, i did them last year. but i dropped out so starting sixth form again.

what is everyone taking? are you excited/nervous/can't wait?! i'm really excited now. i wasn't before, but i'm getting bored of summer and i can't wait.

I'm going to be taking Psychology, Philosophy & Ethics and Drama & Theatre.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Perplexity Offline
Per sempre <3
I've been here a while

Name: Shaz

Re: everyone starting sixth form! - August 26th 2010, 05:53 PM

I enrolled properly today. Met all my subject teachers and I'm happy. I'm doing French, Sociology, Film Studies and English Combined at college this year. I am excited to start, but I'm a little nervous at the same time. It should be good, though!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
L'espoir Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jen

Re: everyone starting sixth form! - August 26th 2010, 09:45 PM

I'm going to college not sixth form but wooo all the same

PM // VM

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: everyone starting sixth form! - August 26th 2010, 10:03 PM

I am doing an extra year of A levels to do resits.
I am going to a college instead of my 6th form since I feel they let me down.

I am resitting A2 Biology and I am doing Dual Award AS Health and Social Care. I am going to resit 1 module of R.S in my old 6th form but I am only going there for the exam and my old teacher is going to tutor me privately because she has retired now, I know the stuff so we will just be doing exam technique where she gives me essays and then I do them and she marks them.

I have had multiple meetings this week with different colleges and I finally picked one and they let me in, they took my picture for ID card and thumbprint for the payment machines (We put money onto an account and pay for food using out thumbprint) so I am all ready to go and I start on the 7th of September...

I am a little scared and nervous now. It is going to be a bit weird and scary being the new person again since the A2 people will have known each other for a year already but I should be ok.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: everyone starting sixth form! - August 26th 2010, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leikela View Post
I am doing an extra year of A levels to do resits.
I am going to a college instead of my 6th form since I feel they let me down.

I am resitting A2 Biology and I am doing Dual Award AS Health and Social Care. I am going to resit 1 module of R.S in my old 6th form but I am only going there for the exam and my old teacher is going to tutor me privately because she has retired now, I know the stuff so we will just be doing exam technique where she gives me essays and then I do them and she marks them.

I have had multiple meetings this week with different colleges and I finally picked one and they let me in, they took my picture for ID card and thumbprint for the payment machines (We put money onto an account and pay for food using out thumbprint) so I am all ready to go and I start on the 7th of September...

I am a little scared and nervous now. It is going to be a bit weird and scary being the new person again since the A2 people will have known each other for a year already but I should be ok.
i'm sure it'll be fine. at the college i was at last year everyone was friendly and there were loads of people taking different classes and doing different resits, etc. you'll most likely not be the only new person anyways.

and yeah i forgot to add in the original post.. but this thread obviously applies to everyone starting college as well!

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#6 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: everyone starting sixth form! - August 26th 2010, 11:10 PM

Sure I don't even live in the UK....but psychology and Drama&Theatre sound like such an AMAZING combination of subjects!! Jealous have fun!!

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: everyone starting sixth form! - August 26th 2010, 11:13 PM

I should be fine once I get there but because I went to the 6th form in my school I wasn't new there. I was only new in year 7, reception and nursery but everyone was new then too.
I have never been the new kid who has joined the school when everyone else knew each other. I am expecting there to be new A2 people but I am not sure if any will turn up in my classes.
It is a really nice college though and I doubt anyone will be horrible. I mean this is college now you expect people to have grown up a bit.

I am so excited to be one of the oldest, with my birthday being in August I was always one of the youngest in the year and now I get to be one of the oldest. I mean if anyone has a birthday in September then I am only a few weeks older but I am still older for once.
I don't even know why it is such a big deal and why I am so excited but being the youngest for so long has just got so annoying because I get treated like the youngest too...

Closed Thread