TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ruin Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I saw him cheat - August 29th 2010, 06:42 PM

The guy who sits close to me in class is friends with a girl who also sits close to me.

He got her to give him her worksheet and I saw him copy down her answers so he'd finish on time. He knows I know he cheated.The teacher said that anyone caught cheating would automatically fail the assignment, but I don't want to make enemies.

What should I do?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
niente_ Offline
Ex band geek, but still proud.
I've been here a while

Name: Niente

Re: I saw him cheat - August 29th 2010, 06:57 PM

Well even though it's wrong, I'd keep quiet if I were you. Like you said you don't want to make enemies. If you told on him, he'd know it was you. in the end he'll probably get caught out somehow, either his teacher will know he copied, or the teacher will think he knows all the stuff. If it comes up in an important exam, he won't know what to put and he won't get many marks, which will serve him right.

Sometimes it's better to forget how you feel
and remember what you deserve

S. M ... still in my heart, forever

(#3 (permalink)) Old
mIssIng:nO Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I saw him cheat - August 29th 2010, 09:00 PM

cheating and getting away with it is a honorable skill and should be respected.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DarkSeph Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Liam

Re: I saw him cheat - August 29th 2010, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mIssIng:nO View Post
cheating and getting away with it is a honorable skill and should be respected.
Right. -.- And then you somehow cheat your way through school, get a job and actually have to know what you're doing and get fired within a week because you don't have a clue. You can't cheat your entire life. Actually learning things and being good at what you do deserves ten times the respect.

Currently inactive...
  Send a message via MSN to DarkSeph  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
*Rainbow*Rider* Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: H

Re: I saw him cheat - August 29th 2010, 09:23 PM

It's not right, by my view on things like this is he is doing no harm to anybody but himself, and although it's annoying... it is really worth making somebodies life difficult for no real...reason? In our school we had an unwritten rule that you don't tell on anybody, and they don't tell on you for things.

If the world is a cold place
Make it your business to start some fires

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: I saw him cheat - August 29th 2010, 10:20 PM

If you don't want to make enemies, then don't tell the teacher. If it's a relatively small assignment, then I wouldn't worry about it because you'll get a larger punishment (from other students) than he will from the teachers and students. However, if you want to do the "right thing" regardless of how others will treat you in the school, then tell the teacher.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#7 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I am immortal. So far so good.
I can't get enough

Name: Matthew

Re: I saw him cheat - August 30th 2010, 12:25 AM

Don't tell. Rule of thumb for school life. NEVER tell on another classmate. If everyone sticks to the rule, nobody gets in trouble. Just leave it. He'll probably get caught out, and he's the real one losing out as he won't be prepared for life if he keeps on cheating.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: I saw him cheat - August 30th 2010, 12:46 AM

^^
Agree you just don't tell, I had a similar situation last week we were taking a test and a guy next to me had the book open(the teacher is old and can't see all the way in the back) it turns out he got 100% and I got a 80% of course I was mad, I even told him in a "joking way" to help me study next time, but you just don't tell it's just life.

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
teen spirit Offline
Average Joe

Name: Cantina

Re: I saw him cheat - August 30th 2010, 12:56 AM

I support everyone's advice!
This is a poor decision "he" has made and in time, it may come back to bite him in the butt! If he continues to cheat his way through school, he may either get caught or may find that he cannot continue to cheat just for the simple fact that one doesn't learn anything by cheating!
Here is another perspective to think about that we sometimes overlook: I know someone who cheated her whole way through school BUT she was dyslexic and no one understood the stress she was under just to make it through high school! She did not continue into post secondary education because she could not handle the stress. Today, she has an amazing career due to her love of people and creativity! So, yes it is easy for us to judge this guy but we have not walked in his shoes...I am just saying that if we look at the circumstances from another angle...it may look much different than what some may be judging it as....just saying...
But remember...this is between him and the person who decided to allow him to cheat off of her. You being a witness to it, doesn't mean that you have to be the one to drop the bomb and potentially cause unnecessary grief in your own life! No one was in danger and safety was no an issue...so I say it is best to keep this secret to yourself unless you are specifically brought into the situation (which I doubt you will be.)

Closed Thread