TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Mandi Offline
Tired of Living Scared of Dyin
Welcome me, I'm new!

No time for anything else - December 5th 2010, 02:43 PM

Right now I have no time in my life. I am going to college, have an intership and a part time job. I cant quite my job because I have to pay for college. I have to be involved in an intership to get my degree. Im just stressed to the limits. I do not get to see my boyfriend and family as often I would like to and feel like I have no life at all.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chazzz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Charlotte

Re: No time for anything else - December 5th 2010, 10:08 PM

Hey there.
I used to think a lot like you are now. But I found just simply organising my time a little better improved my life 10 fold.
To do lists, schedules and personal little deadlines allow you to keep to a easy, flexible stucture which can open up a bit more time in your life.
However, you should accept that you have taken on a lot with your education and that does take up a lot of time. Sadly, we can't have everything we want, sometimes other things have to suffer to let other things prosper.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
esfdhtfy Offline
Dream Big
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Joseph S.

Re: No time for anything else - December 7th 2010, 04:27 AM

The life of a university student right there...

It's exam time for us now. I am not doing anything (besides studying) from now until the December 21st. Seriously...I have been at this desk for over 14 hours straight today. It's actually ridiculous, but that's what happens when you have exams worth 50% of your grade.

Honestly, it's normal. School is so important and you should really focus on it. If it's all too much, can you afford to quit your job for a bit? That may alleviate some stress that you have now. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you. Just know that there are A LOT of people who are in your boat - including me.

I'm pulling an all-nighter tonight if that makes you feel better, lol. If you ever need to chat, throw me a PM

SUP BRO.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
kitkat_kate Offline
Average Joe

Name: Katie

Re: No time for anything else - December 7th 2010, 06:52 PM

Hey! I feel your pain. I'm a music major and taking 17 credit hours. Between concerts, practicing, recitals, classes, and studying for said classes, I feel as though I have no life outside of our fine arts building and the library. It's really tough, because we all have goals, and for many, college is a necessity to reach those goals. (Or, even, it's the goal in and of itself.)

It's hard. I never get to just take a night to myself. But I also use to-do lists (Broken down by class, and categories for the non-class items) with deadlines and that makes my life way more organized. I also color-code my planner and I schedule in time for me. (Or me and a friend...) That way, I know I have to be there and then it's fun.

Life is sometimes best examined one hour at a time. Just another little thought that helps me some days. Don't worry about what tomorrow's schedule holds. Just get through the next hour.

Hope that makes sense. You're definitely not alone. If you ever need an ear or advice, PM me!

i am not my scars and my history
i am, i am, i am who i am...i am who i am.
there are true things inside of me;
i have been afraid to see.

Send a message via MSN to kitkat_kate Send a message via Skype™ to kitkat_kate 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Release9 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: No time for anything else - December 9th 2010, 02:32 AM

You just summed up my life right now...
Schedule time and do as much as you can during the day!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
kitkat_kate Offline
Average Joe

Name: Katie

Re: No time for anything else - December 9th 2010, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Release9 View Post
You just summed up my life right now...
Schedule time and do as much as you can during the day!
This is a really good idea! I've heard that you should treat school as a job from 8-5 every weekday and then spend the rest of the time on "Working" or "friends." It makes things more manageable!

i am not my scars and my history
i am, i am, i am who i am...i am who i am.
there are true things inside of me;
i have been afraid to see.

Send a message via MSN to kitkat_kate Send a message via Skype™ to kitkat_kate 
Closed Thread