TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I'm SuperGirl
Average Joe

Name: Grace

so upset !! intermediate algebra & trig - January 4th 2011, 06:20 PM

Last semester I got a B+ in my math course so I decided I'd try the winter intercession course and what a bad idea! It so accelerated I can't even keep up and I don't understand anything the teacher has taught! I have dyslexia and growing up math has been a big problem for me but I thought maybe I grew out of it since I did so well in the previous course... I really hate being dyslexic, I try to hide it and try to do really well, which I have been doing well but once again it's come out to show its ugly face. . no matter how much I try or study I don't understand it, & I would do a lot better in a slower paced class (I should have never signed up for it!) Now I don't know what to do! I want to drop the class so I don't have a ugly F on my transcript, but I don't get a refund!! I'm afraid it will bring my GPA down enough so I won't get into a four year school ( this is a two year school) ! I'm so stressed and depresssed about this I don't know what do!! Have any of you been in a similar situation? Any words of advice? Anything would be greatly appreciated!!!!

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may mean the world.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - Eleanor roosevelt

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Fly Away From Here
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sami-Kait

Re: so upset !! intermediate algebra & trig - January 5th 2011, 03:46 AM

go talk to your professor NOW, beforeit really starts to catch up with you. Most professors are more than willing to help you because, not only are you paying them, in college the majority of them are there to help you pass and WANT you to pass. Asking early is a great way to get the help you need before you are in way too far over your head and looking at an F for sure. Showing you care about your grade and want to improve it usually makes the professor much more willing to help as well. See if you can get some kind of outside help, such as tutoring or if your professor could possibly set you up with a student doing very well in the class to help you as a study buddy. Also, though you may want to try and hide it, be open with your professor about your dyslexia because it does effect the way you learn and if he/she doesnt know that, they cant help you. also know that, by law, the school is required to give you access to special testing because of it. It may be something you want to look into! Good Luck!
  Send a message via AIM to In The Arms of an Angel  
Closed Thread