TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
musicalbeds Offline
speaks spanish!
Welcome me, I'm new!

University... - January 9th 2009, 11:28 AM

Well, maybe this is going to be hard to understand because we have a different school system outside of the US.
Anyway, I'm starting University in a month. here we don't have to do the essays and all that stuff, which is not good because you know nothing about the place you're going to enter... we don't have preparation at school for it, either.
So I'm really confused about my career. I chose one of them in December, but I don't like any of them. I was the best student in high school and everything, but I just feel University is not for me. I feel it's going to be so hard and I can't take it. This is one of the "best" careers I could choose, but it's not about it... it's about me, I don't feel like studying because it seems boring. It never happened to me before, I always liked learning new things... or at least thats what I thought.

I know this doesn't have a point, but, any advice? I can't even sleep because I'm nervous and confused about all of this .__.
  Send a message via MSN to musicalbeds  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Caro Offline
Average Joe

Re: University... - January 9th 2009, 03:36 PM

University isn't for everyone. If you feel like you aren't ready or don't know what you want to do yet maybe you should consider something else. You could go to college or take a gap year to work and think about it. You don't NEED to go to university to have a successful career.
I also find that university (well at least in Canada) is more about discovering what you like rather than picking a career and getting the education for it. You can always switch in and out of programs or take a general first year.
Seems to me that you should think about it before jumping into it. If you aren't going to work for it, its pointless and a big waste of time. If your school has career counseling you might want to go talk to them about all this.

Closed Thread