TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CantEscape Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Grace

I can't handle school anymore. - October 24th 2011, 12:38 AM

First of all, I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. I don't know where to put it because it's kind of all over the place. Feel free to move it.

Iím not just saying this because I donít like going. I mean, who does? I honestly canít go. Itís too much. Iím so depressed I canít focus on anything anymore. Iím getting terrible grades and my mom thinks Iím doing it on purpose. I keep skipping school because I just canít bring myself to get out of bed. I skipped so much school last year that I even went to court for it.

Everyone tells me itíll get better. That's not true. Schoolís been in session for almost 3 months and itís only gotten worse. Everythingís gotten worse. Iíve been cutting so much more than usual and all I think about is suicide. Iíve attempted twice since school started.

All my teachers do is make me feel stupid. I let down my family because Iím getting bad grades. They expect me to be perfect and get all Aís because I was in the gifted program in elementary school. My mom even told me if I didn't get my grades up she would send me to another school district.

I would drop out, but I'm only in 8th grade.

I honestly don't think I can go anymore. I think homeschooling would be so much easier. I've tried to explain this to my mom but she's saying it's just a phase and I'll get over it. It's not, I know it's not. What do I do?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
OneInAMillion Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I can't handle school anymore. - October 24th 2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantEscape View Post
First of all, I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. I don't know where to put it because it's kind of all over the place. Feel free to move it.

Iím not just saying this because I donít like going. I mean, who does? I honestly canít go. Itís too much. Iím so depressed I canít focus on anything anymore. Iím getting terrible grades and my mom thinks Iím doing it on purpose. I keep skipping school because I just canít bring myself to get out of bed. I skipped so much school last year that I even went to court for it.

Everyone tells me itíll get better. That's not true. Schoolís been in session for almost 3 months and itís only gotten worse. Everythingís gotten worse. Iíve been cutting so much more than usual and all I think about is suicide. Iíve attempted twice since school started.

All my teachers do is make me feel stupid. I let down my family because Iím getting bad grades. They expect me to be perfect and get all Aís because I was in the gifted program in elementary school. My mom even told me if I didn't get my grades up she would send me to another school district.

I would drop out, but I'm only in 8th grade.

I honestly don't think I can go anymore. I think homeschooling would be so much easier. I've tried to explain this to my mom but she's saying it's just a phase and I'll get over it. It's not, I know it's not. What do I do?
I was alot like you, however didnt feel like commiting suicide, but some people just dont like school and dont get on with it, i for one hated it!, and in my last year i got 40% attendance, i used to walk out of class, swear at teachers, go home, never went to detention/isolation, i even got excluded but they knew thats what i wanted so they made sure i attented school, i even had a women come round to tell me to get my act together when i was in bed, she was my life saver tbh, never gave up on me, but seriously try your hardest, try get through it, because i tell you know you WILL regret it!, i know i do, and if i could reverse time i would!, i got 2 C's 1 D, and the rest were rubbish, i didnt care about my GCSE's and i rushed them just to get back home, a terrible move! however im in college now studying sport for my second year, and in the process of joining the brittish army, and also got myself a job last week, things arnt all bad and will work themselves out, try sit down and have a talk with your family about what it is you hate, and try find teachers who understand you, they will be your life savers trust me

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I can't handle school anymore. - October 24th 2011, 01:06 PM

You need school. When you get out to big world of jobs etc the world is not fair on people.

Your going to have to force yourself to try your best, and only you can say that to yourself.

Putting yourself on the best platform you can now will make your future that bit easier.

You aren't going to get through anything without hard work

Hey, guess why i smile a lot... because it's worth it

People who don't want you to think are never your friends.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
vrgtfvgt4vg Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I can't handle school anymore. - October 30th 2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenonsteroids View Post
You need school. When you get out to big world of jobs etc the world is not fair on people.

Your going to have to force yourself to try your best, and only you can say that to yourself.

Putting yourself on the best platform you can now will make your future that bit easier.

You aren't going to get through anything without hard work
Your answer is worthless. The poster knows school is important. That's not going to make them do well.

I think you should try talking to your counselor at school, CantEscape. Or you could talk to a teacher who seems nice. When you get home take out your homework and lie on your bed and do it very slowly. There is a list of alternatives for cutting? Could you try one of those.

Closed Thread