TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
2fast4you Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Need an excuse to NOT take PE this year. - January 17th 2012, 04:47 PM

*Alright, not sure if this is where I post this, but if it isn't, please move or lock topic*

So I have mistakenly selected a pe class this semester (Which I DON'T WANT) and now I want to get out of it. I need to take 1 year of pe, which I feel would be easier if I take it all at once. I also have Algebra 2 and Chemistry which I HONESTLY want to pass with a better grade then a low C and I think PE will just get in the way. I planned on taking PE my senior year so I can take it all at once without needing to worry about math and chemistry and what not. Since my senior year will have nothing but general electives and since most of those classes don't give homework, I would be fine taking pe.
I am physically fit, I just don't want to have to take a math class, and a science class that are both fairly difficult and pe at the same time. I workout on a regular basis at my own home, played football for the school for 2yrs.
I also feel like PE isn't even a class that should be required...

So someone wanna help me out?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Need an excuse to NOT take PE this year. - January 17th 2012, 05:17 PM

Why not just talk to the school councilor and see if you can switch/drop it? Explain your reasoning and I'm sure they will allow it.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: Need an excuse to NOT take PE this year. - January 17th 2012, 06:31 PM

Are there any classes you can take in replacement? I know at my high school, if I took certain classes, I didn't have to take it.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Need an excuse to NOT take PE this year. - January 18th 2012, 05:53 AM

If you play an instrument, marching band counts as a PE credit for some schools, but don't just do that expecting an easy class, it's very time consuming. Is there anyway to bring it up with administration?

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Name: Anthony

Re: Need an excuse to NOT take PE this year. - January 19th 2012, 08:21 AM

I hate to toot your horn, but why not just get it over with? There's no excuse for a healthy body. Is it that bad to take up an hour of sports? That way you have the rest of your years without the worry of taking p.e.

You've had a landscaper and a house keeper since you were born
The sunshine always kept you warm.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Re: Need an excuse to NOT take PE this year. - January 19th 2012, 05:48 PM

When I was a senior, I was taking some hard classes...as well as weight-lifting as a P.E. class. The truth is that you have to make some sacrifices when it comes to your time. I'm sure that you can fit homework into your schedule. Sometimes you won't have any time to do anything, but sometimes you'll have time to do the stuff you want to do. If you don't have time in the afternoons, then don't work out at home. You gotta work out in all aspects, so doing P.E. stuff isn't so bad...not all about lifting weights. If you're fit, you won't have to worry about over-working yourself and being exhausted afterwards. You can make it work, but you may have to make some sacrifices. Either that or try to schedule an appointment with your counselor ASAP to see if you can switch out the class with something else and do P.E. next year.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Need an excuse to NOT take PE this year. - January 20th 2012, 12:11 AM

Senior year in high-school is crucial and I have a very hard time believing electives in that year will not give homework unlike lower years. When I was in high-school, during my senior year I took as many science and math courses as possible, and there was a fair amount of homework. There is also the concern that if you want to get into college or university, you must complete certain senior year courses, that is, if you want to study science, it would be in your best interests to take senior year science courses rather than PE and electives.

If you workout at home and played sports, PE shouldn't be all that difficult, in fact it could become an hourly bird course.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#8 (permalink)) Old
2fast4you Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Need an excuse to NOT take PE this year. - January 20th 2012, 01:59 AM

My school only requires 3 yrs of math 3 yrs of science, which will be done this year.
3yrs of social studies
4yrs of math
4.5 credits worth of general electives,
1 year of fine arts
1 year of PE (Which honestly shouldn't even be required, creates to much of the elitism attitude. plus it's easier to do it at once, and I planned it for senior year as well.)
1yrs of direct electives
1yrs of computer sciences.
.5 year of economics

I NEED to take the general electives next year. I used the first 3 years of school to focus on what I needed to finish. Meaning math, science and what not.
I generally enjoy PE, I enjoy working out. I am fit to take the class, but I will have that on my mind during my chemistry class, then go to pe, work out, get tired, then go to math and not focus on that as much.
Whenever I take a PE class (At least in middle school) my other grades suffered from it. I was always worried about what we were doing in that class, during every other class. I also already have my senior year planned out, or at least a basic idea of it, and if I have to I will break my freaking leg, cause I DIDN'T EVEN CHOOSE THIS CLASS!.
I can completely drop a class and leave the period open if I have to.
The electives at my school really don't give that much homework.

Closed Thread