TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
call.me.matt Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nicole

Crazy Stressed - March 12th 2012, 11:50 PM

So I go to a college prep school. As of my sophomore year I had a 3.17 unweighted GPA, but last semester (1st semester jr year) i got a 4.0 there's a lot of stress on me right now because my parents are threatening me if i don't get another 4.0. I just got accepted into a program at Boston University, and i want to be excited about it but I'm too stressed to be. Over the last week I've had five dreams about failing class and when i wake up it is not much better. I'm doing badly in my AP class so whether i'm awake or asleep i'm failing that class, but i have A's in every other class. The average grade in my AP class is a low B high C and i have a 77. If my parents find out they'll be beyond angry. SO... yeah lot's of stress. I was hoping someone may have advise on what to do i spend nearly 4 or 5 hours on my AP homework every night and that's without Facebook and twitter and tumblr and all that. Otherwise does anyone have any tips for how to relax?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Crazy Stressed - March 13th 2012, 02:21 AM

You're so worried about "failing" according to your parents' standards, but you've already been accepted into a program at Boston University... which is GREAT! Congratulations! =D

Ultimately, getting a 4.0 two semesters in a row won't determine how successful you are. The universities you apply for are going to care about your GPA, but they're also going to care about extra-curriculars and your overall value/potential as a college student. Boston University already sees something in you, so there is no reason to believe that other universities won't as well.

It's not the end of the world if you get a B-/C+ in this one AP class (which is weighted anyway, right?). Your parents are acting like it is, but their focus is too narrow... or perhaps they're looking too far ahead into the future. Ultimately, they just want you to be successful, so if they get frustrated over a "non-A" grade, I'd try to explain that you understand their fears, but that it's going to be okay.

Closed Thread