TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CrimsonLines Offline
Learning how to Fly
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Melanie

Can't fail, need to graduate! - April 17th 2012, 09:35 PM

I am so stressed out and I feel so overwhelmed. I am doing online courses and I am so far behind. I feel like giving up. I need to pass these courses in order to graduate so I need to finish them. Right now it seems like I will never get though all the course work. I am so discouraged and I don't know what to do. I am so worried that I'm not going to graduate. I can't fail because i am already such a failure.! Any suggestions on how I can get motavaited and get through my course work?

We can never attain perfection while we have an affection for any imperfection.
- Saint Francis de Sales
  Send a message via MSN to CrimsonLines  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Sequin Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Molly

Re: Can't fail, need to graduate! - April 17th 2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonLines View Post
I am so stressed out and I feel so overwhelmed. I am doing online courses and I am so far behind. I feel like giving up. I need to pass these courses in order to graduate so I need to finish them. Right now it seems like I will never get though all the course work. I am so discouraged and I don't know what to do. I am so worried that I'm not going to graduate. I can't fail because i am already such a failure.! Any suggestions on how I can get motavaited and get through my course work?
This may sound obvious, but you might begin your motivation practice by referring to yourself as something other than a "failure." If this is how you pep yourself for a study session, then it is no wonder you are not doing well. As for motivations, I am having trouble understanding why this is a problem for you if your goal is to graduate. It would seem that if your goal is to graduate, then that is your motivation. The real question is how great of a motivation is this for you? Is it a need in terms of obligation (to something other than yourself, such as a parent/guardian figure) or is it a need in terms of being a stepping stone toward achieving a future goal you have set for yourself?

I feel like there is a necessary piece of information missing from your post and it makes me unable to help you in a more meaningful way. Perhaps you could offer some more clarity regarding why you are so far behind. If it is an external reason out of your control, then that is important to know before I give you advice. If it is regarding something you have full control over (ie a lack of time management skills) then that is also important to know before I give you advice.

Or, instead of clarifying farther, you might simply try going back to your online course work as it seems that that is where you are currently needed the most.

I only bring up these points because you posted here.

I do wish you luck in your studies.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Can't fail, need to graduate! - April 18th 2012, 12:17 AM

Like Molly said, in most cases, graduating is the reward/incentive that enables people to buckle down and study, despite how difficult/tedious it may be at times. If graduating is something that's very important to you on a personal level (ex. it will allow you to get the job you want in the future, or just enjoy a better quality of life overall), then that's your motivation. Bribing yourself with treats for every completed homework assignment may not be very helpful, because it causes you to lose sight of the real goal: to graduate. Every bit of work you do brings you that much closer to it. Enjoy the feeling of pride every time you complete a homework assignment. Take comfort in knowing you're one step closer. The feelings of pride and comfort may honestly be all you need. Right now, you're in panic mode. Focus on getting one assignment done now... then another... and another... until your "to do" list slowly starts to dwindle. Let that sight serve as encouragement. Keep going, and you'll get there if that's what you really want! =)

Closed Thread