TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sports Whether you watch or play a sport, from football to soccer, track and field, and more, discuss all things sports related here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
PAHusky Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

any basketball fans out there? - April 23rd 2012, 11:34 PM

College or pro?

"Not a dime back!" -Jim Calhoun
  Send a message via AIM to PAHusky  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nathan

Re: any basketball fans out there? - April 24th 2012, 04:18 PM

When I was younger I was never much of a basketball fan, but I've grown to love it since heading off to college. My university is a D1 Mid-Major program, and I'm able to get into every home game for free and stand with the student section. It's an absolute blast.

Lately I've been trying to get into the NBA a bit, but it's difficult to find a Pacers game that can actually be watched on television.

"What would the world be like without hypothetical situations?"
-Unknown

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: any basketball fans out there? - April 24th 2012, 04:54 PM

Boston Celtics all the way. (y)

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MD8 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: any basketball fans out there? - April 25th 2012, 11:22 AM

Love basketball, Toronto Raptors all the way, but come playoff time Kobe and the Lakers.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Online
Deep Thinker

I've been here a while

Name: Anthony

Re: any basketball fans out there? - April 26th 2012, 07:48 AM

College basketball is just like wnba. nobody watches it.

You've had a landscaper and a house keeper since you were born
The sunshine always kept you warm.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nathan

Re: any basketball fans out there? - April 26th 2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick. View Post
To be fair, you live in Los Angeles, which has one of the most popular NBA teams in the country. Where I'm from college basketball is so popular that they'll occasionally cancel school for the Big Dance.

"What would the world be like without hypothetical situations?"
-Unknown

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Trickmatic Offline
-
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: any basketball fans out there? - April 26th 2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick. View Post
Totally disagree. Have you watched March Madness and seen the packed 60,000 + stadiums? Even in the regular season, people are still watching. The better schools have better attendance than most NBA teams. As for TV ratings, well, you hear what Digital Crusader said about trying to find a Pacers game - and they have the third best record in the Eastern Conference. I don't know if they're comparable to the NCAA or not, but the NBA is struggling to get viewers in markets their main source of revenue is through the TV money. The NCAA is receiving $14 billion alone for its latest TV contract with Turner/CBS.

I get that Division II or Division III basketball has a huge dropoff to maybe 5,000 people in the stands, but that doesn't mean those viewers should be taken lightly. D-II or D-III may be a better comparison for the WNBA in terms of interest, but the WNBA is a pro league playing in 15,000 + capacity arenas.

I follow NBA basketball regularly while I try to find interest in the Euroleague or the PBA. I cheer for the Toronto Raptors while admiring what the San Antonio Spurs have done for the past 15 years. I only follow NCAA leading up until March Madness and the CIS is just not entertaining at all.

As for the NBA playoffs, I had thought from the beginning of the season it would be Miami winning in seven over Memphis. I kinda of want to change that to Memphis in 6 over Miami.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
MD8 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: any basketball fans out there? - April 27th 2012, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanye West View Post

Totally disagree. Have you watched March Madness and seen the packed 60,000 + stadiums? Even in the regular season, people are still watching. The better schools have better attendance than most NBA teams. As for TV ratings, well, you hear what Digital Crusader said about trying to find a Pacers game - and they have the third best record in the Eastern Conference. I don't know if they're comparable to the NCAA or not, but the NBA is struggling to get viewers in markets their main source of revenue is through the TV money. The NCAA is receiving $14 billion alone for its latest TV contract with Turner/CBS.

I get that Division II or Division III basketball has a huge dropoff to maybe 5,000 people in the stands, but that doesn't mean those viewers should be taken lightly. D-II or D-III may be a better comparison for the WNBA in terms of interest, but the WNBA is a pro league playing in 15,000 + capacity arenas.

I follow NBA basketball regularly while I try to find interest in the Euroleague or the PBA. I cheer for the Toronto Raptors while admiring what the San Antonio Spurs have done for the past 15 years. I only follow NCAA leading up until March Madness and the CIS is just not entertaining at all.

As for the NBA playoffs, I had thought from the beginning of the season it would be Miami winning in seven over Memphis. I kinda of want to change that to Memphis in 6 over Miami.
No love for the Lakers?

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Trickmatic Offline
-
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: any basketball fans out there? - April 28th 2012, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD8 View Post
No love for the Lakers?
I think the Lakers are very underrated in the playoffs this year, with people focusing on the Spurs last hurrah, and the Thunder possibly making their first champinship run. Bynum has gotten a lot better and their bench is deep enough to make a run in the playoffs. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they won the championship.

I do think that they will meet Memphis in the Western Conference Finals.

Closed Thread