TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Travel and Moving Whether you're going somewhere new for a few days or packing up your bags to relocate permanently, gain insight on various parts of the world from other users who have been there before!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Cherish a Dream - March 21st 2012, 08:43 AM

A Link to my Campaign

While I know many of you disagree with me on what I believe, I hope that you'll give me a chance to share something with you.

Hello, my name is Guile, and for my entire life, I've had a dream. I can't tell you half as good of a story as some people, but I was born without much, my family always had enough money to put food on the table, but hardly more then that. I can clearly remember the nights when our power meter dipped so low that the only thing still plugged in was the fridge, to stop the company from metaphorically, and quite literally, pulling the plug on our house. When I was nine years old, my father was laid off from work, and not less then two weeks later, so was my mother. Both have a college education, my mother being a PhD in Human Anthropology, and my father being a Photojournalist. At that point, I can't remember much, besides the fact that things became extremely tight in the house, and a neighbor lady having us over for dinner very often.

Looking back at that now, I realize that for better or worse, nothing has changed. Although my parents eventually found new jobs, my mother now works two jobs, and we're still behind on our rent, and only still live here because the homeowners have been kind enough to let us deffer our payments at times. Throughout my entire life, the one dream I've cherished, was that I would get to see the world. I've dreamed of immersing myself in an entirely foriegn culture, learning about other people's lifes, seeing beautiful landscapes, and watching the sun eclipse over the horizon to reveal a starlit sky, not all that different from the one I used to stare up at as a child. To this date, the only trip I've gone on was back East when my Grandmother passed away after battling Non-Smokers' Lung Cancer for almost 15 years.

I can't offer anything but my thanks, wether you are able to help or not, knowing that there's someone out there who wants me to achieve my dream, means the world to me. I hope that with the small amount I've worked to save up, and with any help you can provide, I will be able to reach my dream.

My name is Guile, and I cherish my dream.

Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)

Closed Thread