TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Film and Television Whether you're a film buff or just want to talk about your favorite television show, this forum is for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Name: Michaela

Teen Wolf - January 29th 2017, 09:37 PM

I have only just discovered Teen Wolf, I am surprised I hadn't heard of it sooner with it being on its sixth season. I am on episode 10 of season 1 and already loving it. I have took a huge shine to Derek Hale. Who else here watches Teen Wolf? Its a shame that season six will be its last one
  Send a message via MSN to Raggedy Man, Goodnight!  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
Do you believe in ghosts?
TeenHelp Addict

Re: Teen Wolf - January 29th 2017, 10:30 PM

I watch it, although I'm not entirely up to date on it. I've loved it since about the second season (although it's been difficult because it started airing on free-to-air TV for its first season, and then everything moved to pay TV, which I don't have). I love talking about it, so if you ever want to chat Teen Wolf I'm more than happy; I also know of at least one other THer who loves it. Stiles and Lydia are my favourite characters, but I do love most of the people - especially in earlier seasons. There are a few in later seasons I don't really care for, but I guess you can't love everyone. I will offer a warning, though. It's not anything specific, but I'll hide it just in case.
Spoiler:
Don't get too attached to characters. The show has a habit of letting characters leave without any real closure to their storylines, and a lot of the time once someone leaves the town then they're basically never mentioned again. It can get a little frustrating falling in love with characters only to have them leave without a decent explanation or any sort of conclusion... especially when they start bringing in new characters and expecting you to care about them right away.

I'm actually kind of glad it's ending after this season; any longer and it would be dragging on. The first few seasons were the best, in my opinion, and season five just didn't really do it for me. Season six looks good so far, so as long as they end it in a way that does justice to what the show has been, it's fine by me.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Re: Teen Wolf - January 29th 2017, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
I watch it, although I'm not entirely up to date on it. I've loved it since about the second season (although it's been difficult because it started airing on free-to-air TV for its first season, and then everything moved to pay TV, which I don't have). I love talking about it, so if you ever want to chat Teen Wolf I'm more than happy; I also know of at least one other THer who loves it. Stiles and Lydia are my favourite characters, but I do love most of the people - especially in earlier seasons. There are a few in later seasons I don't really care for, but I guess you can't love everyone. I will offer a warning, though. It's not anything specific, but I'll hide it just in case.
Spoiler:
Don't get too attached to characters. The show has a habit of letting characters leave without any real closure to their storylines, and a lot of the time once someone leaves the town then they're basically never mentioned again. It can get a little frustrating falling in love with characters only to have them leave without a decent explanation or any sort of conclusion... especially when they start bringing in new characters and expecting you to care about them right away.

I'm actually kind of glad it's ending after this season; any longer and it would be dragging on. The first few seasons were the best, in my opinion, and season five just didn't really do it for me. Season six looks good so far, so as long as they end it in a way that does justice to what the show has been, it's fine by me.
Yay I'm afraid I'm already too attached to a character so when he leaves I will be devastated. Within 10 episodes I have taken quite a shine to Derek and it's rumoured that he will back for the finale of season 6. I really hope it's true, he is the heart and soul of the series for me.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I can't get enough

Name: Lauren

Re: Teen Wolf - January 30th 2017, 01:51 AM

Teen Wolf is literally the best. I loveee Derek. I found it a few years ago and currently own most of the episodes on DVD

The last few seasons haven't been as good as the earlier ones, but I still like it. I haven't seen any of the most recent one yet but i'm hoping it's a good way to end out the series!

Stiles and Lydia forever

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."

(#5 (permalink)) Old
nothereanymore Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Teen Wolf - February 1st 2017, 05:51 AM

Hello. I am the aforementioned other THer.

I fell in love with Teen Wolf in December 2014, between season four and five. Watched the whole first season in 24 hours on Amazon Prime, and watched the entire series (season 1-4 at the time) in ten days. I was hooked immediately. Stiles and Lydia are also my favorite characters but I love Scott too. A certain character death absolutely broke my heart and they were in my top favorite characters too.

Season 3 was my favorite. Season 4 was lackluster and 5 was a train wreck but 6 makes up for all of that and more. It's wild, in a word.

If you ever want someone to chat to about the show, my door is open literally 24/7. Literally. I have a problem.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Re: Teen Wolf - February 1st 2017, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydia Martin View Post
Hello. I am the aforementioned other THer.

I fell in love with Teen Wolf in December 2014, between season four and five. Watched the whole first season in 24 hours on Amazon Prime, and watched the entire series (season 1-4 at the time) in ten days. I was hooked immediately. Stiles and Lydia are also my favorite characters but I love Scott too. A certain character death absolutely broke my heart and they were in my top favorite characters too.

Season 3 was my favorite. Season 4 was lackluster and 5 was a train wreck but 6 makes up for all of that and more. It's wild, in a word.

If you ever want someone to chat to about the show, my door is open literally 24/7. Literally. I have a problem.
Hey

I finshed season one last night, I am a couple of episodes through season 2. Stiles and Lydia look so cute together. I love Derek, I was taken to his character the first time I saw him.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
Do you believe in ghosts?
TeenHelp Addict

Re: Teen Wolf - February 7th 2017, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt Scamander View Post
Stiles and Lydia forever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydia Martin View Post
Stiles and Lydia are also my favorite characters but I love Scott too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggedy Man, Goodnight! View Post
Stiles and Lydia look so cute together.
This. Literally never shipped anything harder. I have a friend who watches it as well and he absolutely adores Derek, but to me Scott has always been the heart of the series (and the pack) so as long as they give his storyline the ending it deserves, I'll be happy.

Out of curiosity, have you (or anyone else in this thread) seen the original movie/s? That movie is to Teen Wolf as the original Buffy movie is to the resultant TV show, in my opinion.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
nothereanymore Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Teen Wolf - February 10th 2017, 03:53 AM

I have never seen the movie. Apparently there's a book too.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: Teen Wolf - February 11th 2017, 05:45 PM

I did start watching it when it first started, but I couldn't really get into it. Did it start getting better after the first few episodes?

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

Closed Thread