TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Music Discuss your favorite musicians and music, whether you listen or play, here.

Closed Thread

(#41 (permalink)) Old
delete Offline
Average Joe

Re: Taylor Swift - February 8th 2010, 01:56 AM

I think we have Kanye West and teenyboppers to thank for her popularity. After the Kanyegate, she blew up. I think she didnt deserve her grammys, or at least all of them. I mean, Elvis, who actually sang well live only won 3, and she won 4 in 1 night. And her live singing like on SNL (saturday night live) and all those other performances such as at the grammys where they cant use autotune or doctor it like on CD's and in concert and recodring studios, her live performances are horrible. she goes flat and is pitchy and cant hold a note, let alone a correct one. she butchered Fleetwood Mac, and was even outsung on her own song. I dont condone what Kanye West did, but Beyonce and many others can sing circles around her, Lady Gaga included. and she also writes her own music ect and plays piano instead of occasionally just strumming a guitar. i dont hate taylor swift, i think she is a decent role model, but i think its like cheating and lying when her voice is doctored and such. and if people dont want to listen about sex and drugs and alcohol in things like rap (i find it entertaining lol) they can listen to something else if they chose. all her songs sound the same and even if she writes them herself, they are repetetive and all sound the same and its not the world best songwriting. i dont hate her, i hate all the hype as i dont think she deserves it. and miley cyrus is a fungus that i wish would go away

(#42 (permalink)) Old
Peppermint. Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Taylor Swift - February 8th 2010, 03:49 PM

I might get bashed for this. But honestly, I don't like her.
She is boring. She is something we've heard before. She doesn't stand out.
Or at least in my opinion she doesn't.

Her songs are kinda catchy but then I realize how alike they are. I don't know,
She just isn't that amzing to me.

Totally hot though.

Not all those who wander are lost.
  Send a message via AIM to Peppermint. Send a message via MSN to Peppermint.  
  (#43 (permalink)) Old
Briana Offline
A strong fighter
I can't get enough

Name: Bri

Re: Taylor Swift - February 8th 2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.MarkSanchez#6 View Post
and if people dont want to listen about sex and drugs and alcohol in things like rap (i find it entertaining lol) they can listen to something else if they chose. all her songs sound the same and even if she writes them herself, they are repetetive and all sound the same and its not the world best songwriting.

And if people don't want to listen to taylor swift than don't.

Anyways, I don't like people basking on her. She is just a normal girl and she has done nothing wrong.

Like many others have said before, her songs aren't all the same.

Last edited by Briana; February 9th 2010 at 07:39 AM.

(#44 (permalink)) Old
delete Offline
Average Joe

Re: Taylor Swift - February 9th 2010, 04:21 AM

"And if people don't want to listen to taylor swift then don't. I don't like people bashing on her. She is just a normal girl and she has done nothing wrong.

P.S like many others have said before, her songs aren't all the same. Listen to the CD."

Jeez, don't get so worked up! It's not like you and her are sisters, or personal friends. This thread was about people's opinions on Taylor Swift, not just one person. Calm down lol. And in MY opinion, the songs do all consist of similar topics and some sound very similar. And she is not a normal girl, she is a millionaire who has multiplatinum cds and grammy awards, whether she actually deserved them or not. The last time i checked, normal people didn't have all of that. I never said she did anything wrong, but in MY opinion, she is overrated and undeserving of all her awards. I'm not wishing her to fall into a hole or anything, I'm not wishing hardship on her, in My opinion, I do not care for her music and do not think she is extrodinarily talented or deserving of four grammy awards. And I don't listen to Taylor Swift, but sometimes you still hear things even though you dont want to. I think she is a decent role model though, and I would honestly rather my sister try and be like her than some bratty girl. No one knows how she really is though, but I'm sure she's a nice girl, but i don't like her music, and I don't think she did anything wrong personally. I think she cannot sing brilliantly and is overrated, that's all. I think its ironic that i don't want to listen to her and you were telling people who don't want to hear it to not listen, yet you still told me to listen. Ironic. And the thread asked for opinions on Taylor Swift, I gave mine. Not everyone agrees, people agree to disagree. This thread wasn't a Taylor Swift fan club thread. I'm not trying to tell people they are wrong, i am just stating my opinion.

Last edited by delete; February 9th 2010 at 05:05 AM.

(#45 (permalink)) Old
Stardaze Offline
Hopeless Love
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Taylor Swift - February 9th 2010, 05:29 AM

-stays away so i dont off off- haha.

Everyone does have opinions as long as no one bashes though.

(#46 (permalink)) Old
delete Offline
Average Joe

Re: Taylor Swift - February 9th 2010, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina. View Post
-stays away so i dont off off- haha.

Everyone does have opinions as long as no one bashes though.
I agree wholeheartedly with the second part about not bashing. Everyone has different opinions, and the thread did ask for different opinions, you can't be upset with people for stating them unless they deliberatly are bashing another person's P.O.V. Respect another's opinion, even if you disagree. Agree to disagree

(#47 (permalink)) Old
MegaMadness Offline
Fight My Llama
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Megan

Re: Taylor Swift - February 9th 2010, 07:26 AM

I think she's okay. I like a few of her songs. Not my fave songs or anything but if they come on the radio I'll sing along.

Come on boys, come on girls
In this crazy, crazy world
Youíre the diamonds, youíre the pearls
Letís make a new tomorrow
Come on girls, come on boys
Itís your future, itís your choice
And your weapon is your voice
Letís make a new tomorrow
Today
follow me please. I'll follow back. http://photographicjournal.tumblr.com/

(#48 (permalink)) Old
Katelyn Offline
Average Joe

Name: Katelyn

Re: Taylor Swift - February 9th 2010, 03:00 PM

I love Taylor Swift! She is absolutely amazing! I love how I can relate to all of her songs in some way or another! It really doesn't bother me that a lot of people don't like her, but I get lost in her music and her stories. She is amazing! Love T.Swift !

Sometimes in our lives we all have pain
We all have sorrow
But if we are wise
We know that there's always tomorrow

All you need is love
&
Love is all you need

(#49 (permalink)) Old
Stardaze Offline
Hopeless Love
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Taylor Swift - February 9th 2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katelyn View Post
I love Taylor Swift! She is absolutely amazing! I love how I can relate to all of her songs in some way or another! It really doesn't bother me that a lot of people don't like her, but I get lost in her music and her stories. She is amazing! Love T.Swift !

I second this.

(#50 (permalink)) Old
Ellie Offline
Oh mai.
I've been here a while

Re: Taylor Swift - February 10th 2010, 03:03 PM

I certainly wouldn't buy anything or hers but I don't mind listening to it. It's that sorta simple but fun, gets people going on a night out style which is why I like it.

Closed Thread