TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Media and Entertainment Discuss everything from books to music, movies, television and celebrities in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Callum Klein Offline
Friends?
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Callum

Want to write a song.. help me? - November 16th 2015, 07:23 AM

I'd like to write a song inspired by the song Vapor by 5 seconds of summer any ideas? PLEASE?

--- Making the world a better place
-Callum x

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Haunted Offline
STAR GAZER
Average Joe

Name: Serena

Re: Want to write a song.. help me? - November 16th 2015, 06:09 PM

I'm going to give you a couple tips for writing lyrics, as I myself have tried to write songs before.
1. Avoid setting up expectations that are too high, especially if you're not experienced (aka: don't go 'this is going to turn out amazing' - unless you have a particular talent for music/composing, your first few songs probably won't be that good). Writing songs isn't at all easy, there are a lot of things to keep in mind while writing: rhyme scheme, verse length, rhythm, etc...
2. If you're not satisfied with your work, don't give up, because practice makes perfect. If your first song isn't that great, or just plain awful, don't worry: keep writing until you like what you wrote - these "mistakes" will let you understand what you ought/ought not to do when writing.
3. Once you have chosen the subject of the song, write down everything that comes to your mind when you think of it. Write down anything that is related to that subject, no matter how predictable or distant the connection is. Once you have written down everything, choose what you want to keep and start from there.

May I ask what you mean when you say "a song inspired by the song Vapor"? What do you exactly mean by "inspired"? I think I might be able to give you some better tips or ideas.

I'm sorry I can't give you any sort of tips on how to write music. I'm awful at writing music.

MONACHOPSIS
the subtle but persistent feeling of being out of place, as maladapted to your surroundings as a seal on a beach—lumbering, clumsy, easily distracted, huddled in the company of other misfits, unable to recognize the ambient roar of your intended habitat, in which you’d be fluidly, brilliantly, effortlessly at home.

Closed Thread