TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Media and Entertainment Discuss everything from books to music, movies, television and celebrities in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Pour the Teapot Offline
Train whistles and cicadas
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Chloe

Exclamation scary movie commercials - July 10th 2009, 05:40 PM

i know i'm probably going to sound like a wuss, but scary movies freak me out. it used to not be so bad, i would simply not watch scary movies, end of story. but that was back when they made sure all commericals were G rated. Now, they have all these commericals for scary movies, and they make the commericals like, rated R. and not just at the movie theater, they're on the TV too. and whenever one comes on i have to change the channel or close my eyes. but sometimes i don't realize that it's a scary movie commerical until it shows something scary.
the thing is, once i've seen a scary commercial, i can't get it out of my head. it's like having nightmares only worse, because it haunts me all day instead of at night. i get really paranoid, like i dread taking showers because i have to close my eyes and i'm afraid something bad will be there. it's really freaking me out. things like Haunting in conneticut, mirrors, quarentine, changling, and of course the worst of them all; Unborn. Unborn freaks me out the most because i too would have had a little brother, except he died in my mom's womb. it FREAKS ME OUT!!! how do i get these freaky things out of my head?!!! and how do i prevent them from coming back?!! and how can i avoid scary commericials?!!! help!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: scary movie commercials - July 10th 2009, 06:25 PM

Just tell yourself it's fake, a joke, not real, hogwash, etc... . It's like any other movie, it's just acting. There is no real dog whose head goes backwards and starts running or no fist will come out of the back of your head. Either you can watch some scary movies and sit through all of it with the hope of being more desensitized to them, you can tell yourself they're fake as I mentioned above or you can just try to avoid them.

If you are afraid after watching it, then tell yourself whatever you're thinking isn't real and open your eyes to prove it to yourself. You may also want to focus on something else ideally something that you like.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: scary movie commercials - July 10th 2009, 06:31 PM

Hi there,

Horror movies are frightening, and I agree that the commercials are getting pretty darn scary too. I don't usually get scared by movies too easily, but when I do, I go through the same thing you do. I just can't stop thinking about it.

What I've started to do lately (as silly as this sounds) I think to myself that if the stuff in the scary movie were real then I'd be on the train to Hogwarts right now I think of stuff from fantasy films and think that if the freaky stuff is real, then that must be real. And I know it isn't. It usually solves it for me. Maybe give it a try?

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Perplexity Offline
Per sempre <3
I've been here a while

Name: Shaz

Re: scary movie commercials - July 10th 2009, 06:49 PM

You're not the only one who feels this way about this. I hate scary movie commercials, they really freak me out. When they're on at night, I have just switch the channel straight away. xD

I definitely agree with what's been said in the 2 posts above me. Try to tell yourself it's not real. If you keep telling yourself that then you will hopefully start to believe it. Also you may want to and distract yourself from the thoughts if you can, by doing something that you like.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Pour the Teapot Offline
Train whistles and cicadas
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Chloe

Re: scary movie commercials - July 10th 2009, 07:01 PM

thanks guys! i'll try your ideas and see what happens.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Toast Offline
lostinaworldofhate
I've been here a while

Name: Toast

Re: scary movie commercials - July 10th 2009, 07:24 PM

Ahhhhh I have such empathy for you. I remember they played trailers for the Grudge(first one) on Teletoon and I was terrified. Also, I don't understand why Teletoon had the most scary movie trailers when I was younger. I don't know if they still do as I haven't watched that channel in a long time, but there's a lot less on other channels now lol.

I am terrified of supernatural beings for some reason. I have no problem when it's a human killer which doesn't really make sense. I guess I'm just not afraid of people. I get scared really easily at pretty much any supernatural movie, but my friend and I decided to watch Silence of the Lambs which my Dad said was the scariest movie he's ever seen and we thought it was awesome. Neither of us were scared.

Heaven is high and earth wide. If you ride three feet higher above the ground than other men, you will know what that means. ~Rudolf C. Binding

Closed Thread