TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Media and Entertainment Discuss everything from books to music, movies, television and celebrities in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lord Reckoner Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Xbox games getting worse - August 22nd 2009, 01:49 AM

Has anyone sle noticed this slowly but surely we have gone from games like oblivion,call of duty 4 and perfect dark zero. to trash like the starwars force unleashed and rise of the auanuagts. i mean wtf what is going on with them and good games like cod are getting worse.

sorry didnt realise this was in wrong place
who agrees with me on this

Last edited by Lord Reckoner; August 22nd 2009 at 03:54 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
CptSpaulding Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Xbox games getting worse - August 22nd 2009, 09:07 PM

I really enjoyed 'Star Wars: Force Unleashed', i cant wait for Sith Edition, Prolly because im a Star Wars buff, But i thought that the Endorphin engine was amazing. It was one of the first games to actually use it fully. Breaking stuff was never funner!
I honestly dont see everyones facination with CODs, I mean they used the same game and give it a different skin. It really bored me, Regardless i have MW2 on Pre-order.
Some of the top games for the 360 i find rubbish. Halo and Gears of War are both overly hyped games that just dont do it for me. Gears of War was the same all the way through, Run > Cover > Shoot > Repeat.
I think developers have just got too much money now and they can put games out as fast as possible. Guitar Hero Seires is a obvious show of this. Back when one game could make or break a company it was crucial that they actually sat down and thought about what they put into it and make it great! Now they dont care, but it seems to be only the REALLY big companys, EG. EA, Activision, Ubisoft.
Smaller companys are producing great games ATM, LittleBigPlanet, Infamous (both PS3 examples but its still valid).

It seems to be that the more 'Hyped' the game, the bigger the dissipointment *cough* fable 2 *cough*
I Just hope Batman: Arkham Asylum and Mini Ninjas rock as hard as their demos.

xx

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Lord Reckoner Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Xbox games getting worse - August 23rd 2009, 02:12 AM

i agree i dont actualy love cod i just dont think starwars force uleashed was that good as it was alot diffrent than the other star wars games. personaly as i have had every game out on the 360 thought it was alot better than sum but, can be over complicated AND SUMWHAT BORING
i actualy like fable 2 but did belive it cud be much batter the dlcs were rubbish too for it.. what you think of fallout 3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
KnightSniper Offline
Supreme Geek
Average Joe

Name: Josh

Re: Xbox games getting worse - August 23rd 2009, 02:59 AM

EVERY system has hit or miss games. For every good game you find on the 360, PS3, or Wii (God, especially the Wii <_< ), you're probably going to find a low-grade, cheap game. It happens every generation.

And frankly, it seems like a lot of this is all a matter of opinion.

"Remember: even God has a sense of humor. Just look at the platypus."-Kevin Smith, opening of "Dogma"

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: Xbox games getting worse - August 23rd 2009, 03:37 AM

Not just X box in everything, I remember back in the day the Mario Bros was the best for nintendo. :P

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
tortured soul Offline
It's never easy to get by
Average Joe

Name: Dylan

Re: Xbox games getting worse - August 23rd 2009, 04:06 AM

I agree 100% they are getting worse with each new release

what is love but a four letter word that expresses a mix of emotions to one another
  Send a message via AIM to tortured soul  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Lugez Offline
Asshole
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Xbox games getting worse - August 23rd 2009, 04:29 AM

It's been on a downhill slope for longer than that, buddy.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Deep Brown Eyes Offline
Hic Sunt Dracones
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Xbox games getting worse - August 23rd 2009, 04:47 PM

I don't play on my xbox much, but the three games I have at the moment are Resident Evil 5 (came with the xbox), PGR 4 and Halo 3.
Out of those, I can say that I do not like Halo 3 at all...It just doesn't interest me. Though I have only played the multiplayer side of it, not the campaign. PGR 4 and RE5 are both brilliant games IMO.
I do agree that the games aren't as enticing, simply based on the fact that since I got the console, there haven't been any games that I've looked at and though "Ooh, I want that".

Closed Thread