TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology and Gaming This forum is for discussions about your hardware, software, game or anything Web-related.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Desktop microphone problem. - March 1st 2010, 01:58 AM

I just bought a desktop microphone to use with my laptop. It's a Logitech Desktop Microphone 600. I plugged it into my old computer, and it worked. But when I try it on the computer that I use now, it won't work at all. I've checked the volume of the microphone in numerous places, and it's fine.

I'm not very smart when it comes to computers and I am becoming extremely annoyed. And of course the directions that came with it are crap. So any help is extremely appreciated.

By the way, my computer is Windows 7, so I'm wondering if this product is compatible? I don't see why it wouldn't be working otherwise.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Power Cosmic Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Janos

Re: Desktop microphone problem. - March 1st 2010, 08:07 AM

Hey, first question is: Have you checked whether the microphone is muted? I've done that myself once ( or maybe a few times..shh >.> ).
Also, as for the exact model number of the microphone, is it this one?:
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Labte.../ref=de_a_smtd

Also, when you plug it in, does your computer recognise that you've plugged something in and ask for drivers/additional software, or does it just completely not respond at all?

Also, since I can't seem to find this information anywhere, does your microphone connector look like this:

Or this

Sorry for the massive pictures ^^;

If it's the first one, I suspect your microphone just doesn't work with windows 7 (I hate it when manufacturers do that )

"My one desire is for peace -- peace for everyone"

Send a message via MSN to Power Cosmic  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: Desktop microphone problem. - March 1st 2010, 09:29 PM

Yeah, that's my exact microphone. & The plug looks like the one in the second picture.

How can I actually tell if the microphone is muted? I've opened up the volume mixer and it said that it's full blast, but am I looking in the right place?

I'm also pretty sure that my computer recognizes that it's plugged in. I went into the control panel and and saw that "Sigmatel C-Major Audio" was listed under audio devices, so I guess that would mean the microphone?

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Power Cosmic Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Janos

Re: Desktop microphone problem. - March 2nd 2010, 12:32 AM

I'm not actually sure that thats your microphone. If your microphone's socket looks like the second, then try the following in order

1) To check if its muted, check the area where the microphone volume is, if the wee icon has a slash through it, then its muted, just click to unmute.

2) Do your speakers work fine and are they plugged into the socket beside the microphone socket? Also, that jack should go into the pink socket, or it might just be a blank generic colour, but sometimes when its colour coded, you'll see a green, blue and pink socket.

If your speakers don't work fine and they're plugged into your computer using the same kind of socket, then it might mean incompatibilities or driver mess-ups with your motherboard or soundcard, depending.

Also, lastly, what program are you using to see if the microphone works?

"My one desire is for peace -- peace for everyone"

Send a message via MSN to Power Cosmic  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
bhredsox11 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Ben

Re: Desktop microphone problem. - March 6th 2010, 01:12 AM

I would check for driver updates. It might be that Windows 7, as great as it is, doesn't have your driver. Drivers are what tell the computer what the device is trying to do and converts the nonsense your mic makes and turns it into data the computer can process. Without the proper driver, you computer is getting gibberish and won't do anything with it. Windows update may be able to help, or you could go the the microphone properties, click update driver, and have it search online. I hope this helps.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will be at peace!

Closed Thread