TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology and Gaming This forum is for discussions about your hardware, software, game or anything Web-related.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

problems with wmm (windows movie maker) - June 8th 2010, 06:56 PM

my laptop is a windows vista basic, and recently i have been having loads of trouble with windows movie maker, i recently worked out how to merge images together, then yesterday managed to work out how to merge music together using windows movie maker, i have been using windows movie maker for a very long time, for about the past 3 years to be exact not always on this laptop to begin with i used it on a main computer a windows xp 2000 and never had any problems with windows movie maker, but recently while using windows movie maker on my laptop the vista basic i have been having real problems with it, it freezes alot, it never seems to want to work properly, someone in chat said its because i was running the chatroom while using windows movie maker, so i have since stopped using chat with windows movie maker and it still freezes, im also having genral laptop problems its really slow, and freezes alot too, also often does memory dumps ect, and my mum has contacted the computer guy but we have not had a reply, does anyone know if theres a way i could make windows movie maker stop freezing, and also what to do with my laptop, i have done diskcleanups, diskdefragementation, hardrive cleanup, ive deleted aload of unneeded files, like old college work and stuff but still it goes slow ?

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Re: problems with wmm (windows movie maker) - June 10th 2010, 07:56 AM

Okay, before I begin, I just read the title alone, and Windows Movie Maker... Oh boy!!! This things gives ANYONE problems, no matter what OS, what SP pack, what version you have. Basically what your describing, with the freezing, is normal. WMM will freeze when try to edit or cut clips and pasting them on your clipboard. This is not because of any other program, rather Windows Movie Maker. If you wish to take a blow for the team and continue using WMM, I suggest you visit this site as it is a huge troubleshoot site on WMM problems for EVERY OS and version. http://www.papajohn.org
But I highly suggest you leave WMM behind and try out some new freeware programs like;

Video Spin ; based on the huge and expensive video editing program Pinnacle Studio. It is freeware version and WILL WORK!!! http://videospin.com/Redesign/
Actually I will stop there, and instead, I will post you a link to a few free Video editing programs; http://www.thefreecountry.com/utilit...-editors.shtml !!! Hope this helps
-Justin. S-

(#3 (permalink)) Old
larryshere Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: lawrance

Re: problems with wmm (windows movie maker) - June 20th 2010, 01:59 PM

i just use sony vegas pro.
but 2 produce videos takes ages

(#4 (permalink)) Old
The "Killer" Doctor
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Robert
Location: Princeton‑Plainsboro Teaching Hospital (PPTH), New Jersey

Re: problems with wmm (windows movie maker) - June 21st 2010, 01:32 PM

Video editing and graphic editing is quite a bit of hard work for your computer. Typically, in professional studios, video editing and photo editing is done on ridiculously powerful machines, sometimes costing up to $10,000 per computer, and that's before the software. Then it can get really expensive.

Now, to the good news: Depending upon your computer, if you have 32bit or 64bit architecture, you can upgrade your RAM. If you have 32bit, you're unfortunately limited to about 3.5gb of RAM (since that is all that Windows is able to recognize). If you have a 64bit machine, you can add a lot more RAM, in Windows Vista Basic can handle up to 8 GB of RAM. If you upgrade your software, you would be able to install up to 192GB of RAM.

As for the optimization, it sounds like you've done everything you can, short of adding more RAM. It's a very intensive process for a computer to edit video.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Dr. Robert Chase 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Forsaken Archer Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: problems with wmm (windows movie maker) - June 21st 2010, 10:12 PM

Why are we talking about RAM.

CPU is the main bottleneck in any video rendering.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
The "Killer" Doctor
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Robert
Location: Princeton‑Plainsboro Teaching Hospital (PPTH), New Jersey

Re: problems with wmm (windows movie maker) - June 21st 2010, 10:51 PM

RAM is easy to install. A new CPU is more delicate. Both are valid arguments for an upgrade.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Dr. Robert Chase 
Closed Thread