TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology and Gaming This forum is for discussions about your hardware, software, game or anything Web-related.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while

Name: Ryan

Question I just got the iphone4! - February 26th 2011, 01:52 PM

So last night I just bought the iPhone4. Its almost like having a computer on you at all times. I love this phone, my only regret is not getting one sooner. So here I am at my buddies house posting on the TH forums from my new smart phone. This is great I'm overly impressed with the capability of this phone. It's user friendly and easy to type on navigating couldn't be better.

So as a new smart phone owner I was just courious as to what everyone else thinks about them keep in mind im not talking about the iPhone spicificly, any smart phone for that matter. Do these kind of phones break down easy and do you guys think I should spend $12 extra a month for insurance? My bill currenty comes to $70 every month as is.

-Ryan

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Amember Offline
Average Joe

Name: Matt

Re: I just got the iphone4! - February 26th 2011, 09:01 PM

I'd personally never get an iPhone as they're too expensive for me, so I got the iPod Touch instead which is just as good really at a much cheaper price. From experiance of owning an 2G iPod Touch for a year + they rarely break down.. I've only heard iPod Touchs break due to user error, basically physical damage. Although I must say an idevice is nothing without a sexy jailbreak slapped on it.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Xineas Offline
You can call me Daniel
Average Joe

Name: Daniel

Re: I just got the iphone4! - February 26th 2011, 10:38 PM

I'm an iPhone user myself, I've had the iPhone4 since September, replacing the iPhone 3G I'd been using for 2.5 years. Only problem after 2.5 years was a small crack in the plastic back cover.

As far as breaking down goes, the one I've been using was pretty hard to break. The 3G I had... It's seen some rough times. It has fallen off my desk several times, once dropped it on a stone floor from 3.5 feet high, it once flew out of my pocket while running unexpectedly, right onto some gravel and it has survived water, after I tipped over a glass right next to it. My girlfriend has been using it ever since, without any breaking down, only small flaw is that the lock button on top is starting to malfunction more and more.

I've never had any insurance on my phones, but then I treat the iPhone4 more gently and have a cover around it for general protection.

Stupid questions do not exist!
Or do they? Nah. Ask and you shall be answered!

Since March 16, 2011

My parents have been divorced for 12 years. If you're stuck in the middle, feel free to PM me!
Social Group for people with Divorced Parents

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while

Name: Ryan

Smile Re: I just got the iphone4! - February 27th 2011, 03:40 PM

Okay, based on what you've said Im going to go without insurance on my phone, it seems like a cash grab. I'm a new iPhone owner and I've been trying to get music on my phone but I don't want to pay for it. What program do you use to download music with?

Thanks for The advise guys.

-Ryan

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: I just got the iphone4! - February 27th 2011, 06:10 PM

I have the iTouch and I love it! I have verizon so I've been thinking about switching to an iPhone but they're so darn expensive that I don't think I will. They are amazing though!

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

Closed Thread