TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Fashion and Style From the hippest new fashions to vintage dress, share your style, clothing, makeup, and hair related advice or concerns here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Music4lyfe Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alana

Cool Strange body mods? - February 2nd 2014, 08:23 AM

Warning you now, the following has ... Strange yet possibly somewhat thought-provoking statements and suggestions
Ok, so I like body mods such as tattoos and piercings and plastic surgery and whatever, because I appreciate making your body how you want to look. I was watching KPopp's Dumb Yahoo Answers and there was a person who thought they were a cat, and it mentioned body mods. I'm surprised that animal body mods aren't a thing... Or are they a thing and I just live under a rock? I know that you can get elf ears, which is cool. Technology is improving, and I've even watched documentaries about cyborgs? I know it's far-fetched and possibly made up, but come on. Technology is improving A LOT. 1,000 years ago, a little box with fake people doing things for our entertainment was probably seemed to be 'impossible' but it's now a daily part of many people's lives... AND WHAT IF SCIENTISTS INVENTED A WAY TO DO SOMETHING (Safe, of course... I don't know if this will actually happen because it would be risky to test) TO BABIES IN THE WOMB, AND THEN THEY CREATED A NEW RACE OF HOMO SAPIENS?! *0* Well they wouldn't be called homo sapiens I guess...
Wow this got from body mods to new species... Anyways this probably made me seem very very unintelligent, and for that I apologize I just have a good imagination and wanted to share it with you haha. But seriously, am I the only one who think it'd be cool to have half people half animals walking around? ... ... ... I think I am

"Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone." - Andy Biersack.
There's only a thin line separating dreams from reality

RIP Mitch Lucker <3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Strange body mods? - February 2nd 2014, 12:19 PM

Hey Alana!

There is actually a pretty famous guy who got a lot of body mods to make him look more cat-like. Here's a youtube video of him talking about it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKRr94ssnQo.

There's also a few people who got mods like tongue splitting to make themselves look like lizard people.

As for the part about scientists creating a new species, I won't go as far to say it's entirely impossible but I think we'd need a lot more understanding of DNA to make it work. There's a reason we can't breed with other animals, our DNA is incompatible and any offspring that may be formed in the uterus quickly die due to them not being compatible with life. Aside from this any testing on embryos is already controversial enough even for trying to find cures for diseases so I can imagine the uproar an experiment like this would cause

I hope this helped!

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread