TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Fashion and Style From the hippest new fashions to vintage dress, share your style, clothing, makeup, and hair related advice or concerns here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ALJen Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Love Fashion but no one knows it - February 7th 2014, 06:03 AM

Alright, so I am really into fashion, but every day I go to school in the usual t-shirt and jeans. I have a mannequin and I style a new outfit for it every night, but I never wear them. This also means I have tons of clothes I never wear. I don't really know why I never wear the outfits I design, maybe I just don't want to go out of my comfort zone. Should I start changing up what I wear to school or continue dressing as boring old me?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WIN_20140206_225417.JPG (97.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg WIN_20140206_225326.jpg (77.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg WIN_20140206_225116.jpg (57.9 KB, 12 views)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Re: Love Fashion but no one knows it - February 7th 2014, 01:46 PM

This is completely down to you. You obviously have a sense of style and fashion and want to wear these new outfits out but you've just got to get the courage to do so. If you're confident enough, then go for it!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Melancholia. Offline
Devil Dez

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Love Fashion but no one knows it - February 7th 2014, 11:51 PM

I personally like those! I think it's okay to go out of your comfort zone and wear your style! They look really great and I think that other people will like them too. And hey, who said everyone has to look the same?

Let it come and let it be...

Send a message via Yahoo to Melancholia.  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Azure. Offline
Filling My Panties.
I can't get enough

Re: Love Fashion but no one knows it - February 8th 2014, 04:16 AM

I agree as well! It may be a little unnerving to step out of your comfort zone in your style choices, but if it makes you feel good, then wear it . You could try just wearing your everyday clothes and throwing on a stylish jacket or top every once in a while. Then you can keep wearing them and build up your confidence until you feel comfortable expressing yourself completely in your clothing. You could also start wearing your outfits out shopping or to the movies. If you want to wear it, then go for it! And as Dez said, not everyone has to look the same .

vm-pm
♥♥♥
Find your light in a new dawn.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Spiderpig Offline
Gone forever
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Love Fashion but no one knows it - February 8th 2014, 11:37 AM

You should only wear what you really comfortable in. Otherwise you become a victim of fashion for its own sake. I admire your ability to design your own clothes; consider that a gift. Hopefully one day you could make a career out of it.

What looks right when you see your reflection in the mirror? Does it feel good on you? Ask a family member if you trust their taste. Mum always had a great sense of what looked good on me and what didn't. An older member will have two generations' experience on it and they would be the ones to ask first.

In my old school was a girl who had more than 300 pairs of shoes and fashion outfits that could stock a shop. These were often designer outfits she wore only once; given by wealthy parents. But she had a rule of thumb; wear only what felt comfortable on her, but always looked good.

Dress to please yourself. That way, you become content and not be a fashion victim. Step out in faith. It takes nerve and takes courage. Being different marks you out as someone who has their own mind about their clothes, and that's no bad thing at all.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount12

Edit avatar

Re: Love Fashion but no one knows it - February 14th 2014, 01:55 AM

I admire how you design clothes. You're definitely very talented in fashion. I love those outfits. As for wearing them, that's totally up to you. Whatever you feel comfortable in.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
stelles Offline
stelles
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Estelle/Stelles

Re: Love Fashion but no one knows it - February 14th 2014, 01:58 PM

If you feel comfortable wearing those outfits (which look really nice!) then go for it. If not, you can always keep designing clothes but not actually wear them, if designing is the part you really enjoy.

Be yourself, because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  Send a message via Skype™ to stelles 
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
DaughterOfHades Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nikkitah

Smile Re: Love Fashion but no one knows it - February 17th 2014, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALJen View Post
Alright, so I am really into fashion, but every day I go to school in the usual t-shirt and jeans. I have a mannequin and I style a new outfit for it every night, but I never wear them. This also means I have tons of clothes I never wear. I don't really know why I never wear the outfits I design, maybe I just don't want to go out of my comfort zone. Should I start changing up what I wear to school or continue dressing as boring old me?
Look, I love your fashion sense, and you should express yourself! I'm emo, so I wear all black, my hair is emo-like, with side-swoop bangs, jet black, and cerulean blue tips. But this emo-girl is telling you that she likes your clothes. So, take my advice and express yourself!!

Closed Thread