TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Fashion and Style From the hippest new fashions to vintage dress, share your style, clothing, makeup, and hair related advice or concerns here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Actress Offline
Our broken fairy tale </3
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Mary

Red face September 18th 2010, 08:13 PM

Hiya I'm 13 and I really want to develop my own kind of personal style! I want too look kinda vintage and girly and almost bohemian. I want to dress for my figure too. I have narrow shoulders and really long legs and a heart shaped face. I'm also kinda tall I have recently bought some vintage inspired kinda items (a bowler hat for a girl, a light pink cardigan with small shoulder pads and pearly beading on the shoulders, some light brown leathery cowboy boots and some light grey ribbon lace up heels items and I want to buy something khaki because I hear thats on trend. I really dont wanto spend that much money but any advice would be really reallu useful!

I'm enclosing a couple of pictures of myself so that you can see what I look like.
I really want your advice!

I'm the one on the left in this one!

I've already had some help from the lovely Jess (Jessie'Lou) on the Live Help Link but any advice woulde really really help!

Last edited by Melody Pond; September 18th 2010 at 09:33 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
misconception Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Sonic

Re: I want my own personal style! - September 18th 2010, 09:30 PM

hey!

Awesome that you want to get your own style.

My advise would be Op shops, second hand stores, anything of the sorts usually has the kind of things you are after, often good quality and cheep as chips.

Check it out, and try on a few things to get the idea of what you like and styles etc suit you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
luvflamingos Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mary

Re: I want my own personal style! - September 18th 2010, 11:28 PM

Hi Mary! I'm Mary! I'm sooo into my own style too. I actually posted a poem about "big dangly earrings" the other day. I have found some really cool "vintage" stuff at Goodwill Stores and soooo cheap too. Don't know if you have one where you are or not. Good Luck!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Live Help Operator

Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Re: I want my own personal style! - September 19th 2010, 06:49 PM

I think in order you develop your own personal style, you just need to experiment with different types of clothes and accessories and decide what you like. We can't really tell you what to wear because you want the style, not us. So just look around some shops, some second-hand places, vintage shops, and just try and find a few things that you like and mix and match them together to find your style.

Good luck!

Live Help Operator
Forum Moderator - Sex and Puberty ~ Relationships and Dating

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Quartet Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Melanie

Re: I want my own personal style! - September 19th 2010, 06:59 PM

My favorite types of shops are cute whole in the wall vintage shops that don't charge much and there are no brands specifically.
It's difficult to come up with your own style because so much of fashion is recycled. I think the best way to have your own voice would be to avoid norms, avoid things that seem like someone other may wear, or something you may have seen before. Maybe even look through modern fashion lines to get an idea of the different types of outfits you can come up with. Also, don't exclude places like Goodwill, generally they have some really nifty stuff that you can buy for less than 3 dollars.

Colours De Moi

(#6 (permalink)) Old
jellyfish Offline
No Rest For The Wicked
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jen

Re: I want my own personal style! - September 29th 2010, 09:01 PM

Oh yeah go boho!
Wavy hair with a few highlights, and smudged kohl on ur eyes!
Maxi dresses, tassle bags, flat sandles and wedges, bangles and bracelets.
Also I think you could pull off the more classic styling, red lipstick, neat black eyeliner, black dress, lace, frills etc

She flies with her
own wings

Closed Thread