TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I can't get enough

Name: Lauren

Braids - August 31st 2012, 08:28 PM

So, I am not one who usually cares about my hair all that much, but I want my hair to look nice, and even in the morning if I straighten my hair and make it look nice, halfway through the day i'll look in a mirror and it'll look like crap again! I've used hairspray and stuff, but that doesn't help much, so I thought maybe braids would work better, I'm not very good at braiding, and I've tried the fishtail braid and watched videos but my eyes say "Oh that's easy enough!" And then when I try it's super super hard. Sadness.

Any suggestions with pretty looking braids? Or something Or ways to make my hair look a bit nicer -_- bah. My hair is awful

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Little Lion Man
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Katie

Re: Braids - August 31st 2012, 09:09 PM

Conditioner, anti-frizz, and regular trims to get rid of split ends can work wonders. As for braiding, if you practice a lot, you'll get better.

Sorry I couldn't be there, I was tied to a rocking chair.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Braids - September 1st 2012, 12:22 AM

You should try some hair masks. You can get a good deep conditioner for your hair for around $3. I use mine once a week and a bottle usually lasts me a few months. Using leave-in conditioners after you shower help loads as well. And don't blow dry your hair, that will make it frizz more.
It might be worth it to talk to your hair dresser the next time you go in, they might have some ideas that will fit your hair type so it won't end up looking bad.
For braiding, it helps to comb your hair through first so that you won't have to deal with any tangles. It makes sectioning off your hair and braiding it a lot easier.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Cora Offline
Daydreamer
Not a n00b

Name: Cora

Re: Braids - September 3rd 2012, 08:31 PM

If you have long hair this might work for you. First style your hair into a high ponytail (you can do this with bangs or wisps but I usually just sweep it all back). Then plait the ponytail. Next wrap it round in a spiral motion and secure with hair bobbles and pins. Finally, hairspray it. This style gives a very elegant, 'ballerina' look and is even practical for sports. Additionally, to make your hair look shiny but not greasy in this style: apply serum to the outer lower layer of your hair but NOT the roots or top.

Good luck x

"I think there is beauty in everything. What ‘normal’ people would perceive as ugly, I can usually see something of beauty in it."
— Alexander McQueen

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I can't get enough

Name: Lauren

Re: Braids - September 5th 2012, 10:43 PM

Thank you so much guys! This helped a lot, I'm still practicing my braiding...it's going somewhat well? Betterish anyway! I'll also try that bun thing, it sounds cool Thank you guys again ^^

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."

Closed Thread