TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

How to get rid of red-dyed hair. - June 20th 2013, 10:40 PM

So, I've wanted to go Florence + The Machine red forever.

Today, I basically got a makeover. I got my nose pierced, got my hair cut... And then I came home and we dyed my hair.

Put simply, it's not me. Why I didn't realize this before I dyed my hair, I don't know. But I really, really don't think it suits my personality. I was trying to look like I'm the kind of person to be outgoing and have a social life and all that, and now I simply look cheap.

I don't know how to fix it. I'm really, really just stunned.

Anna's Personal Keys to Happiness
1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: How to get rid of red-dyed hair. - June 21st 2013, 01:15 PM

When I used to dye my hair, I always hated the color the first day. I would wait it out a couple more days and just see if it grows on you. Getting so many changes in one day is bound to shock you a bit, and it's going to take some time to get used to.
Red is the fastest fading dye, so you could just wash it every day with a clarifying shampoo and that would bring it down to a very light color which you could then dye over if your hair is naturally dark. If you have lighter color hair such as blond, I recommend the product Color Oops!. It isn't damaging, it shrinks the color molecules so that they will wash out easier.
One last thing, even though red is the fastest fading dye, it is also the most staining. It can be a bit difficult to get rid of, so if you are having a hard time getting rid of it I recommend going to see your hair dresser.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: How to get rid of red-dyed hair. - June 23rd 2013, 12:09 AM

As it turned out, it did grow on me. I altered the way I wear my makeup a bit to suit the new color, and styled my haircut in an edgier way that suited the red better, and decided I liked it.

The nose piercing didn't work out - the lady who done it had not been well instructed in the manner of doing so, and as a result, my nose became infected and I was forced to remove it. She also didn't use the correct piercing gun. Anyway, the loss of the piercing leads me to my final conclusion, which is this: I was not made for both edgy hair and a nose piercing at once. One or the other, and the hair is great, lol.

Anna's Personal Keys to Happiness
1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
FairyPoppins Offline
Never give up.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: How to get rid of red-dyed hair. - June 23rd 2013, 07:30 PM

Glad to see that you've made friends with your hair colour.

On the piercing subject - anyone who uses a gun for anything other than earlobe piercing should be avoided. Real professionals use needles - not only can they ensure more accuracy and control, but they are completely disposable and therefore the risk of infection (from transmittable diseases such as Hepatitis C as well as less serious stuff) is much lower.

Closed Thread