TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
On hiatus
Average Joe

Question Grey hairs at fifteen - February 25th 2016, 09:06 PM

My hair is very dark in colour, but I have recently found one or two hairs on my head that are completely white. I am only 15 (will be 16 in May) but my mum started getting grey hairs in her late teens and I was wondering if this is normal, what causes it, and if there is anything I should do about it. It doesn't really bother me at the moment since they don't really show but I'm slightly worried about them standing out in my dark hair if more appear.

On hiatus

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Grey hairs at fifteen - February 26th 2016, 12:10 AM

Totally normal. I had a few grey hairs as a teenager as well. I think that it starts really young for a lot of us and you just don't know it until you talk to people about it. I now have a little white-grey streak - it's barely visible cause of where it is in my hair and it's only a small amount, maybe growing on a size of my scalp thats the size of tip of my pinky finger. I've basically decided not to dye my hair until I can no longer hide it (and maybe not even then).

It's definitely normal what your experiencing. it's sort of appalling when you're only 16, beacause grey hair is associated with increased age and your basically still a child buuut, like I said, it's quite common. You can yank them out if you want, you can dye your hair, but ultimately you can't stop grey's from coming in (I'm a huge fan of enjoying the natural colour for as long as possible though)

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Proud90sKid Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: .

Re: Grey hairs at fifteen - February 26th 2016, 12:54 AM

Everyone has greying hair at different ages. I am 23 and fortunately don't have any grey hairs yet. Its like anything with aging- wrinkles, balding,etc. Some guys never have any signs of hair loss or receding hairline, while others rapidly go completely bald by the time they are 21. That said- I don't know anyone who has noticeable grey hair in their 20s- so I think you are fine. I don't think it will become noticeable to anyone but yourself for at least 15 more years.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
On hiatus
Average Joe

Re: Grey hairs at fifteen - February 26th 2016, 04:18 PM

Thank you both of you.

On hiatus

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Sophrosyne Offline
The Cute Half

I can't get enough

Name: Raven

Re: Grey hairs at fifteen - February 26th 2016, 09:16 PM

My sister found grey hairs when she was about 11, it's pretty common to find them at young ages. Luckily I still haven't got any yet, although if I did they probably wouldn't be noticeable anyway. More could appear but I don't think they will be visible to anyone else unless they were looking extremely closely at your hair.

Senior HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator
Clothed in strength and dignity,
and laughs without fear of the future.

Closed Thread