TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Hairstyling (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f26-hairstyling/)
-   -   Blond hair, dark eyebrows? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f26-hairstyling/t36212-blond-hair-dark-eyebrows/)

acting101 January 31st 2010 12:09 AM

Blond hair, dark eyebrows?

So I've been pretty pumped at the idea of going blond during the summer :)
I've had jet black hair for a couple years now, and I want something different.

But a few days ago I was thinking... my eyebrows are fairly dark. My natural hair colour is brown... and my eyebrows are pretty close to black :(

Can people pull off dark eyebrows and blond hair?

If not is there such thing as... dyeing your eyebrows or something? :p

Ditzy Mermaid January 31st 2010 12:13 AM

Re: Blond hair, dark eyebrows?

Yes....My natural hair color is blonde but it got darker as I got old it's still blonde but just dirty blonde. I have dark eye brows and my hair is bleach blonde and it looks fine. There shouldn't be a problem at all.

losing touch. January 31st 2010 12:19 AM

you can bleach them if it looks odd.. it'll just lighten your eyebrows enough so it looks more natural, it won't make them go white or anything don't worry. i'd get it done at a salon though, don't do it yourself incase you go wrong!. but once you dye your hair blonde if you think it looks ok [get some opinions from friends] then theres no problem with leaving it.

her_beautiful_mistake January 31st 2010 12:48 AM

no one can pull off dark eyebrows and blonde hair. even when it is natural (and I know someone who is like that naturally...)

My tip is to get your hair done at a hairdressers, dying it blonde yourself is seriously practically impossible to get right, and go for a darker blonde with low lights rather than a lighter shade, this will also make it look more natural. You can also get your eyebrows lightened at beauty salons.

Music January 31st 2010 12:49 AM

My natural hair colour is black and I went through this phase in Jr.High where I had my hair dyed blonde (don't ask :p ) It looked fine on me, as far as the eyebrows compared to the hair part goes. But, like Elle said, if it looks odd to you you can always have a salon match your eyebrows to your hair, I'm sure they do it all the time.

Gaia February 1st 2010 11:36 AM

I think you can pull it off if you go for a more beachy blonde colour. So not platinum, but more sun kissed blonde.
Though, I would expect you'll need to get it bleached quite a bit and stripped, as your hair is very dark. It could take a long time, and might not end up blonde until perhaps 3 dyes, so you need to be prepared for the in-between phase [:

acting101 February 2nd 2010 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loki. (Post 317259)
I think you can pull it off if you go for a more beachy blonde colour. So not platinum, but more sun kissed blonde.
Though, I would expect you'll need to get it bleached quite a bit and stripped, as your hair is very dark. It could take a long time, and might not end up blonde until perhaps 3 dyes, so you need to be prepared for the in-between phase [:

Yeah, I know that'll be a challenge :3
But I'm waiting until the summer to do it, and I'm not dyeing my hair black again until then, so it should be more of my natural hair colour then... which according to my mom is a light brown, but I don't remember xD

losing touch. February 4th 2010 12:18 AM

i think the dark eyebrows/blonde look looks good on agyness deyn.. but then again she could probably pull off most things.

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05...ty_450x456.jpg