TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Hairstyles for longer hair. - February 14th 2010, 08:15 PM

I have relatively long hair, to around about my bosom And I always wear it straight. My 'fringe' isnt really a fringe because it's really long as well, able to go behind my ears and then some. I'm getting pretty bored of the plain straight style, or maybe its just that the fringe bit is boring (so advice on that too please!).

I think I'd just like a change, something easy and simple that doesn't take too long to do everyday. Maybe like the big loose curls in the bottom half of the hair, or something like that. The problem is, that my hair is dyed blonde, so the ends, after being dried are all fluffy. So it needs to be straightened to flatten it out.

Basically I'd just like some new styles to try with my hair, and a good amount of help to try them too!

Thanks!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: Hairstyles for longer hair. - February 14th 2010, 08:56 PM

Get big barrelled curlers, under 20 from boots and use those. DO NOT STRAIGHTEN BEFORE CURLING.. you end up with fake chavvy curls, not good. Big barrelled curlers are god and will give you big bouncy curls but it does take a few practices to get the hang of them You can do them a bit tighter, or looser, and then hairspray or tighter/looser and shake them out for a messier look (messy hair..mmm). Lots of options once you get your head around how to use them

also if your hair is going fluffy its probably a sign you need to get it trimmed or condition the ends better.. always put more conditioner on the ends of your hair and leave it for a minute or two if you can before rinsing. If your hair is dyed blonde and dry then get a moisturising treatment every so often either in salon or just a home one.. im a bit obsessed about hair care

Last edited by her_beautiful_mistake; February 14th 2010 at 09:14 PM.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Hairstyles for longer hair. - February 14th 2010, 09:02 PM

I know my hair needs a cut but my mother is a bit unreliable! It tends to still fluff up regardless of when it's been cut, so straightening helps that.

But I'll try what you've suggested, thanks

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Pavan

Re: Hairstyles for longer hair. - February 14th 2010, 10:25 PM

Well I have really long hair, what I tend to do, is after I wash it, I'll towel dry it then get my fringe out and clip it to one side and tie it up in a bun. Once you let it down, it looks really nice with lovely natural curls. I suggest drying the roots completely to avoid flay hair. And the best thing about this is that it's free apart from maybe the expense of hair bobbles?x

What a shame, what a shame
To judge a life that you can't change
The choir sings, the church bells ring
So won't you give this man his wings?
What a shame to have to beg you to
See we're not all the same, what a shame
  Send a message via MSN to Woo! Imagination xD  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Hairstyles for longer hair. - February 14th 2010, 10:29 PM

Youtube is your friend. They have loads of how-to videos and I remember seeing some really nice hairstyles being done.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Synaestheasiaen Offline
Average Joe

Re: Hairstyles for longer hair. - February 17th 2010, 03:25 PM

I'd recommend you using an anti-frizz serum on your hair. Dove and frizz ease products work wonders or try rubbing a dollop of olive oil through your hair every few days when showering. Do you blowdry or straighten it every day? If so, lay off of that because it's probably the heat contributing to your "fluffiness" lol. You can also go to the drugstore or a sallys etc. and get a cream or some type of heat protectant for your hair. I love Nexxus products for that. Also, when you shampoo and condition your hair moisturize from the bottom up to your scalp that way it gets rid of dandruff problem and you're moisturizing your most troublesome area; your ends. Last note, if you do decide to curl the ends, curl some strands clock wise, and then some counter clock wise so it looks more natural and try a diffuser! You get the crazy volumous curls, just a little faster then if you'd try a curling iron.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: Hairstyles for longer hair. - February 17th 2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woo! Imagination xD View Post
Well I have really long hair, what I tend to do, is after I wash it, I'll towel dry it then get my fringe out and clip it to one side and tie it up in a bun. Once you let it down, it looks really nice with lovely natural curls. I suggest drying the roots completely to avoid flay hair. And the best thing about this is that it's free apart from maybe the expense of hair bobbles?x
Hey you know I'm trying this right now but my hair seems to not be drying at all, like I've had my hair up in a bun for over 6 hours now but it's still wet? Do you just take it down wet?

(#8 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Hairstyles for longer hair. - February 17th 2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by her_beautiful_mistake View Post
Hey you know I'm trying this right now but my hair seems to not be drying at all, like I've had my hair up in a bun for over 6 hours now but it's still wet? Do you just take it down wet?
I know this wasn't my suggestion, but I might be able to offer my help.

It's more than likely won't dry properly because it's all bunched up. I think if you let it down and dry it carefully it should still dry with the curls there. Or you could use the Diffuser attatchment to the hairdryer (if you have one) to help with the curls.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Pavan

Re: Hairstyles for longer hair. - February 17th 2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by her_beautiful_mistake View Post
When you tie it up in the bun, you have to make sure it's just damp, not soaking wet. Let it air dry for a bit and then when its slightly damp tie it up in a bun. That may it'll still be slightly damp when you let it down but will have waves in it. Sorry for not being clear in my previous post x

What a shame, what a shame
To judge a life that you can't change
The choir sings, the church bells ring
So won't you give this man his wings?
What a shame to have to beg you to
See we're not all the same, what a shame
  Send a message via MSN to Woo! Imagination xD  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: Hairstyles for longer hair. - February 21st 2010, 12:47 PM

Thanks I'll give it another go. I might also invest in a diffuser!

Closed Thread