TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Haunted Offline
STAR GAZER
Average Joe

Name: Serena

can this happen? - October 6th 2011, 02:18 PM

Once I heard about a girl (a bit older than me) that dyed her hair black with blue reflections (is that right? Reflection?).
After the shampoo her hair became blue...
can that happen to me too if I wash my hair too many times?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
alixthetree Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: alix

Re: can this happen? - October 6th 2011, 03:24 PM

I suppose it could happen, but it may just have been that the black wasn't as permanent as the blue.

I recently died my hair red with blonde and the color didn't really stick to my roots so that part washed out. And it could have been a situation like that.

Accept and Never
Forget Only
Life Dies.

No matter the amount of negativity you're presented with...
5 minutes from now could be your best moment.
-Mod Sun

Send a message via AIM to alixthetree Send a message via MSN to alixthetree Send a message via Skype™ to alixthetree 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: can this happen? - October 6th 2011, 04:20 PM

Seems odd, but yes, I imagine it could happen. Though, I'm going to guess your friend's natural hair colour is light.

Another possible scenario is that your friend got cheap dye, or only semi-permanent instead of permanent. Surprisingly, that is a fairly common mistake, since the semi-permanent colour is kept with the permanent stuff. Hell, I almost picked up a semi-permanent because it was on sale, until I read the label.

Best ways to make sure the same thing wouldn't happen would be, as well as what has already been mentioned, use a colour-safe shampoo (or a shampoo meant for gentle cleaning), as well as making sure you leave the dye on your hair for the recommended time (it says in the pamphlet that comes with all boxed hair dyes). If you're unsure, maybe leave it to a professional.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Haunted Offline
STAR GAZER
Average Joe

Re: can this happen? - October 6th 2011, 04:36 PM

If I will ever have the permission to dye my hair, I will go to my hairdresser because the last time my mom dyed my father's hair he looked like he had a dead mouse on his head.
So I'll be sure that she won't make any kind of mistakes.
But is there a way to remove the dye from the hair in case that my hair becomes blue?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
wonderbread Offline
Like a dude
I've been here a while

Name: Ashley

Re: can this happen? - October 6th 2011, 09:53 PM

I would say if you will be doing any sort of drastic change like going any color that is un natural to do it professionally. Also if you want to do any streaking or high lighting. You could do it on your own but to make sure its done right if you have never done it before it would be best to go to a hair dresser.

Like Julz mentioned you should use a color safe shampoo. When you have dyed hair it is always BEST to use color safe shampoo AND conditioner. It will help with color fade and stripping.

If by chance your hair does strip or go to a completely different color after dying it and/or washing it once you can use things such as color opps. It will strip your hair of the dyed color and it should turn your hair back to a close color to your real hair color. But to be on the safe side pick up a box color close to your true hair color because when using color opps you have the potential of your hair turning an orngy color.

Always remember to put your happiness first.
  Send a message via MSN to wonderbread  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Haunted Offline
STAR GAZER
Average Joe

Re: can this happen? - October 8th 2011, 05:36 PM

oook, thank you!

MONACHOPSIS
the subtle but persistent feeling of being out of place, as maladapted to your surroundings as a seal on a beach—lumbering, clumsy, easily distracted, huddled in the company of other misfits, unable to recognize the ambient roar of your intended habitat, in which you’d be fluidly, brilliantly, effortlessly at home.

Closed Thread