TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Disaster Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Why is this ORANGE? Pleaseplease help me! - October 17th 2011, 04:48 PM

I've been dying my hair brown for a couple of years - naturally blonde. Today I tried using colour B4 to go back to blonde...It turned my hair a ginger colour so my mum suggested using it again, so I did, and now my hair is this neonish orange horrible disaster. All I want is to go back to blonde and this happens! What should I do?! I told my friends I was going back to blonde and I want my hair to actually be blonde when they see it! Please help I'm so upset about this

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Why is this ORANGE? Pleaseplease help me! - October 17th 2011, 05:00 PM

You have a few options.. one, you can go to a hair dresser, and they can fix it. It might be costly, and damaging to your hair, but they can get it to a better color than it is now. Or you can dye it back to brown, and after a few weeks- go to the hair dresser and have them professionally do it.

The problem with going from darker to lighter with box dye, is that it happens in stages. I went blonde one time, and it took multiple tries to get it to blonde. And by using the blonde box dye, I had to go through the orange ginger look.

Hope that helped.

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Disaster Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Why is this ORANGE? Pleaseplease help me! - October 17th 2011, 05:02 PM

It did help, but sadly I live in a place without hairdressers so it has to be done at home :\ Would I be able to bleach it and then dye it blonde, or would the bleaching just make it ginger?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
FairyPoppins Offline
Never give up.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Why is this ORANGE? Pleaseplease help me! - October 17th 2011, 06:01 PM

Yes, you would be able to bleach it and then dye it blonde.

But bear in mind that bleach is very damaging to hair, so invest in some good quality conditioner.

"You, and only you alone,
Can build a bridge across the stream..."

TeenHelper since 07/07/2005.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
EndureEmo Offline
because you are amazing anyway
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Eliza-Grace/Endure

Re: Why is this ORANGE? Pleaseplease help me! - October 18th 2011, 09:51 AM

you cant bleach your hair too often, its is really damaging to your hair, proven fact on myself! but almost everyone going from a dark to a light colour with go through some orange tinge affect. my hair is natural orange and it still takes me a few weeks or so to go to blonde, ot "white" to dye over it in bright colours.
but sure you can dye your hair blonde after you have bleached it again, but take your time and get some good hair products to help your hair stay healthy. good luck, just message me if you nead anything elce

"Life isn't about how popular you are... What girl or boy you are dating or who you know. Life is about always being true to who you are or what you believe in. Never let anyone convince you that their way is better than your way. In the end all we have is our hearts... and our minds. This is the reason why we sing... this is the reason why we cry... this is why we live."

ANDY SIXX
  Send a message via MSN to EndureEmo  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
EndureEmo Offline
because you are amazing anyway
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Eliza-Grace/Endure

Re: Why is this ORANGE? Pleaseplease help me! - October 18th 2011, 09:55 AM

http://www.style-hair-magazine.com/bleach-disaster.html

the image on this ;/

what number developer are you using? 30vol?
and when your bleaching you hair do you sit in the sun, or put something over your hair to keep the heat in? eg, cover your hair with cling wrap...

"Life isn't about how popular you are... What girl or boy you are dating or who you know. Life is about always being true to who you are or what you believe in. Never let anyone convince you that their way is better than your way. In the end all we have is our hearts... and our minds. This is the reason why we sing... this is the reason why we cry... this is why we live."

ANDY SIXX
  Send a message via MSN to EndureEmo  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
wonderbread Offline
Like a dude
I've been here a while

Name: Ashley

Re: Why is this ORANGE? Pleaseplease help me! - October 18th 2011, 02:54 PM

What everyone has said is very true. but just for future reference anything like color opps and colore b4. Anything like that which says it will strip your hair the color it is now, will always most likely turn your hair an orange color. So just keep that in mind!

Always remember to put your happiness first.
  Send a message via MSN to wonderbread  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Disaster Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Why is this ORANGE? Pleaseplease help me! - October 18th 2011, 08:12 PM

I tried bleaching it today but it just went paler orange! I'm going to dye it a light brown tomorrow - so it's an okay colour and then during christmas my mum is going to take me to a proper hairdresser!
Thank you all for the help, I am very thankful!

Closed Thread