TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Name: Cheye

Drastic Change... - February 18th 2012, 10:58 PM

Well, some of you may know that I don't have a working water heater, so showers are nearly impossible. I can't wash my hair as often as I should, I have psoriasis on my scalp (only there for some reason) and I get flaky patches, plus when I got my turquoise coontails, the lady fried my hair with the bleach. So my hair has been utter hell to brush since getting the coontails. I couldn't keep up with it and well I cry whenever I look at my hair because the back is all one giant mat of hair, it's gross and I just cry knowing it's like that. I have a sensitive head so I will sit there and brush it or sit there while someone else brushes it. I've sit through pain until it's unbearable anymore, I sat with my friend brushing it so much that after I had to have her stop, the rest of the night and the whole next day I couldn't lay my head down it hurt so bad.

TL;DR- My hair is gross and matted together. I'm going to cut it all off and buy a wig. I'm not gonna lie, I'm sorta sad and it'll be hard for me at first but I have no other choice. Here's the link to the wig I'm getting: http://www.voguewigs.com/bali-sepia-...l#!prettyPhoto

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
  Send a message via MSN to Tigerlily. Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerlily. Send a message via Skype™ to Tigerlily. 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Haruhi Offline
Kpop Fan ~
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jorddii

Re: Drastic Change... - February 19th 2012, 08:05 PM

I have psoriasis on my scalp too, and nowhere else.. so I know the pain you're going through. It made my hair really matted when I had it bleached and it was really awful.
It just sort of flopped and looked dead.

There's honestly no shame in starting again with your hair. I've thought of it many times, I managed to fix up my hair by dying it and using special conditioner from the hairdresser, don't know what it was though.

But honestly, that wig looks amazing. Just make sure you won't regret cutting away your hair.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Re: Drastic Change... - February 20th 2012, 01:26 PM

Yeah, there's pretty much no other option, it's beyond just brushing it out, I've sat through hours of brushing and it gets to a point of hurting so bad because my head is sensitive. I'm definitely glad to be doing this, I know it'll be a shock when we do cut it all off and I have no hair left, but it's the right decision, and I just bought the wig last night so it should be here in the middle of the week. We're shaving my hair off on Saturday. It sucks though because I just talked my parents into pink hair dye and a bleach kit before it got so bad we couldn't undo it. Oh well, maybe I'll give it to a friend.

Anyway thanks for the answer, it made me feel definitely not so alone

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
  Send a message via MSN to Tigerlily. Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerlily. Send a message via Skype™ to Tigerlily. 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Drastic Change... - February 20th 2012, 04:09 PM

I'm sorry you have to cut it all off, that must be hard to do But I think it is a great decision for your hair. Make sure to try on the wig too before you cut your hair to make sure you like it (although I'm sure that's what you were planning on doing).

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#5 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
With A Sprinkle Of Cinnamon
I've been here a while

Name: Marissa

Re: Drastic Change... - February 20th 2012, 04:18 PM

If it helps, I really think that wig looks amazingly awesome and it's made me almost jealous. Think of all the hair styles you could have if you got different wigs!

Take me seriously.
I dare you.

Send a message via Skype™ to TheBabyEater 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: Drastic Change... - February 20th 2012, 04:25 PM

I'm sorry you have to go through this Cheye. I recently cut my hair, and hadn't planned on cutting it short, but because my hair was basically dead, I had to take off quite a few inches. My hair was often matted and I hated it! Now, with my shorter hair, it's easier to maintain and I no longer have to worry about the rat's nest that kept growing in my hair.

There is no shame in starting over, and like Marissa said, wigs ARE awesome. New hairstyles everyday? I'd be so down for that!

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Re: Drastic Change... - February 20th 2012, 07:53 PM

Hehe, you guys are totally making me feel better about this Yeah, after I get some more money I have my eyes set on another awesome one, that one just got shipped out today and I was always so embarrassed with the mats, and it just kept getting worse. It'll be much better just starting totally fresh, I'll be sure to post pics with and even maybe without my wig on here

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Haruhi Offline
Kpop Fan ~
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jorddii

Re: Drastic Change... - February 20th 2012, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoraphobia♥ View Post
Yeah, there's pretty much no other option, it's beyond just brushing it out, I've sat through hours of brushing and it gets to a point of hurting so bad because my head is sensitive. I'm definitely glad to be doing this, I know it'll be a shock when we do cut it all off and I have no hair left, but it's the right decision, and I just bought the wig last night so it should be here in the middle of the week. We're shaving my hair off on Saturday. It sucks though because I just talked my parents into pink hair dye and a bleach kit before it got so bad we couldn't undo it. Oh well, maybe I'll give it to a friend.

Anyway thanks for the answer, it made me feel definitely not so alone
You're never alone!

I hope it all goes well, it's unfortunate but that wig will definitely look amazing on you! I definately want to see pics!

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Drastic Change... - February 20th 2012, 10:52 PM

You're not alone, Cheye. It's not a bad thing that you're starting over in fact, it'll be a good thing, and I think it's really cool. That wig is beautiful, tbh. I love the style and the colour.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
DemonQueen Offline
amber_teh_shark since 2004
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Amber

Re: Drastic Change... - February 22nd 2012, 05:12 PM

The wig is very cute!! But the truth is you are going to look BEAUTIFUL with or without the wig.

I've been through hell and back and came out stronger than ever.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Re: Drastic Change... - February 22nd 2012, 09:43 PM

Yeah and wonderful news *sarcasm*. The company mailed me yesterday telling me it's on backorder. But I'm getting a different one, I still like it, it's not got odd colours in it, but I can use my clip in extensions in it I guess.

http://www.voguewigs.com/runway-fash...young-wig.html

That but in black, besides, I've always wanted straight hair :P So I guess it still works out

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Re: Drastic Change... - February 25th 2012, 11:10 PM

Woo! Just got the wig today, looks totally realistic, posted pics on FB and to be honest, you guys and my gf are the only people I've told... Anyway, I'll be adding pics on this post and in my albums and setting my fav to my picture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0225121514b.jpg (20.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 0225121514.jpg (55.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 0225121514a.jpg (49.2 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Tigerlily.; February 25th 2012 at 11:19 PM.
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Muse Offline
As eloquent as an elephant.
Average Joe

Name: Jessica

Re: Drastic Change... - February 26th 2012, 12:05 AM

It looks totally real, and beautiful, to boot.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Drastic Change... - February 26th 2012, 05:39 AM

It turned out nicely
It should be nice being able to have nice looking hair without styling it as well

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Drastic Change... - February 26th 2012, 06:35 AM

As I already told you, it looks SUPER nice!! Love it! Who cares if it's not real? It's fabulous.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Re: Drastic Change... - February 26th 2012, 04:27 PM

Lolz, thanks all of you! I love it and it just made my day

Closed Thread