TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ryan M Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation Why do I like fighting so much? - May 5th 2009, 02:51 AM

Why do I like fighting so much

Hey everyone Iím rather new here but Iíve got a question, Iím one of those people that no-one would ever think of to be a fighter I wear glasses I stand about 5í 11íí Iím a normal guy. Iíve got a really cute girl friend but unfortunately our relationship is full of lies because of my fighting habits.

At school Iím just a normal kid, however sometimes on the weekends I go out late at night to places just looking for a fight, Iím 18 years old Iíve been in countless scraps with people 10 years older then me, Iíve been boxing for well over 8 years and Iíve been in judo for just over 3. I love the rush I get when Iím fighting. I especially love fighting more then one person at a time.

When I lose a fight and I come home all fucked up I always have to lie to my girlfriend, because I donít want her to look at me different. I really love her Iíd take a bullet for her, unfortunately I have a feeling sheís starting to see whatís going on.

After all these fights Iíve been in I jump at everything, like its getting bad, I put my guard up for even the littlest of things, I Donít like this anymore. I Promused my girlfriend Iíd stop fighting but that was a lie too.

Any advice? Btw donít get the wrong idea Iím actually a really nice guy with a bad hobby.

May The Lord Have Mercy On My Enemies,
.: Because I Wont. :.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
sushi_error Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Why do I like fighting so much? - May 5th 2009, 03:07 AM

Is there any particular reason(s) behind why you choose to fight? Are there situations where you can avoid and not fight?

You should tell your girlfriend the truth, first of all. Second, if you want, you should speak to an adult (e.g. guidance counselor) and have you considered taking up boxing or a martial art? I don't fight and hate it, but I practice Karate which has allowed me to vent, so maybe martial arts or boxing is something you should consider. Good luck!

Check out my blog: White-Out Blots

How did Mandela get the will to surpass the everyday,
When injustice had him caged and trapped in every way,
How did Ghandi ever withstand the hunger strikes and all,
Didn't do it to gain power or money if I recall,
It's to give; I guess I'll pass it on

- Take a Minute, K'naan

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Fraser Offline
Average Joe

Re: Why do I like fighting so much? - May 5th 2009, 05:10 AM

I used to be in the same shoes as you. It wasn't the thrill of the fight that I craved, it was the rush of victory. Knowing I was better than someone was a great feeling. Yes, I know its not great to be like this, and Yes it cost me more pain than pleasure. But if you really want to know how to stop here is what happened to me and hopefully you will learn before the same happens to you.

I told my girlfriend at the time what was going on. I looked her straight in the eyes and I seen her twist up inside. It made me sick to my stomach the worry I put in her. Of Course, she left me shortly after. I was dying inside. No pain from any fight measured to the pain of not having her. That night I got into a fight...and I suddenly stopped. Mid fight, I just lost the will to go on. All I could think about was her, and what she must of felt. I let the other guys pound my skull into the street, without any restraint.

That night I learned my lesson. Sooner or later, you WILL hurt someone you truly care about, and it will crush you inside. Either you pick a fight you cant handle, you fall badly, get stabbed, get shot or even die. Sooner or later you will lose, and you will lose hard. Think about the people who care about you before, and if you have any soul left. You wont go out of your way to fight.

The faster you wise up to this the better.
  Send a message via MSN to Fraser  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
star_crossd Offline
Color Me Chaotic
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Re: Why do I like fighting so much? - May 5th 2009, 05:20 AM

I think as long as you find a HEALTHY way to release all the aggression, theres nothing wrong with it. Use a punching bag, take up running (tiring yourself out could make you less inclined to fight with people).

This actually kind of reminds me of Fight Club....but I dont suggest starting one!

Yesterday I saw you kissing tiny flowers
But everything that lives is born to die
And so I say to you that nothing really matters
And all you do is stand and cry.

Music is life. Start living.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
blackrose
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mags

Re: Why do I like fighting so much? - May 5th 2009, 12:44 PM

Hey Ryan!! First of welcome to TH Why do you think you feel the need to fight so much???Maybe you could put this pent up anger into something else? Maybe start a sport of if you really enjoy fighting maybe try wrestling???

The lord says 'before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born, I set you apart'

Jeremiah 1.5

Just keep swimming swimming swimming - Dory from finding Nemo!!

Hold your head high princess, for tomorrow is another day.

You can do tonight without the help of a blade and wake in the morning with the feeling of accomplishment

PM me anytime, I am always here to be a shoulder to cry on, an ear to hear whats bothering you and words to make you see the hope

A
<3
  Send a message via MSN to x-x-xblackx-x-xrosex-x-x  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Ryan M Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Why do I like fighting so much? - May 6th 2009, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-x-xblackx-x-xrosex-x-x View Post
Hey Ryan!! First of welcome to TH Why do you think you feel the need to fight so much???Maybe you could put this pent up anger into something else? Maybe start a sport of if you really enjoy fighting maybe try wrestling???
Iím already in Boxing and judo. :P

To be honest I was a little goody good back in the day, I use to be a little push over, so I thought to my self what can I do to feel like a bad ass? So I started fighting not too win just to say I did something. You know? I just feel like itís the only thing Iím good at.

Not to brag or boost but I am pretty good. :P

May The Lord Have Mercy On My Enemies,
.: Because I Wont. :.

Last edited by Ryan M; May 6th 2009 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Multiple posts have been merged automatically.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
msbunnykins Offline
Obsessive cat owner.
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Why do I like fighting so much? - May 6th 2009, 01:50 AM

Well, here's just an idea. I've seen several things on testosterone and it's effects on the body. I've heard that the higher your testosterone level the more aggressive you'll be. I don't know if there is something to keep it in check, but you may want to go to doctor and talk to them about it. It may not be something wrong with you mentally, but more chemically. If you really want to control it, then I suggest trying it. What can it hurt?

Also, be honest with your girlfriend. You must tell her the truth.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
kimvia Offline
is asleep
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kim

Re: Why do I like fighting so much? - May 6th 2009, 06:15 AM

I'd guess that either you enjoy the adrenaline rush, or you like getting out your emotions. Instead of just getting in fights, you could start exercising, rock climbing, fencing, or something else physical like that that will be exciting!

PM me any time, ok? I'm always here to help.

What's the second amendment for?
Just in case the government takes away the first.

Closed Thread