TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Sen Vanos Offline
That One Guy
Not a n00b

Name: Sen

Need help with thinking of a title for a speech - November 4th 2017, 08:44 PM

So, I entered a contest called the Junior Speaking Competition and had to write a speech relating to the topic "Living yout Fantasy". Alright, I decided to write my speech about time travel and how it might shape our world if it were to be invented.

Now, I've made my attention-getter, clincher, body etc. etc. but now I need just one more thing... A title. I had trouble with this last year (I also entered then) and you guys helped me out then so I decided to ask you again for consultation.

So, what are some good titles for a speech relating to time travel? I decided to keep my speech broad and also included the basics about the possibility of time travel as well its applications, if that info helps.

Last year I prepared a pretty good speech if I do say so myself and got runner-
up in the regionals (although the winner didn't deserve it), so I definitely want this one to atleast match the last one in quality.

I'm looking for something a bit subtle that doesn't really give away the subject of my speech, so no, the title can't just be "Time travel"!

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount29

Edit avatar

Re: Need help with thinking of a title for a speech - November 4th 2017, 11:17 PM

Well, if you're crossing two universes or dimensions, via time travel, perhaps something with portal? Light speed, since you can only really do time travel if you go faster than the speed of light. At least, that's what it is hypothetically. I imagine you are trying to stay realistic within already-established ideas, so that is one thing. Unless you're doing an alternate-universe/fiction sort of thing, then that opens up more. I really can't provide much without context.

(Also, do you have this in writing? Aha, I'd love to read it! )

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Need help with thinking of a title for a speech - November 5th 2017, 04:25 AM

Inter galactic time travel?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Sen Vanos Offline
That One Guy
Not a n00b

Name: Sen

Re: Need help with thinking of a title for a speech - November 5th 2017, 01:14 PM

Unfortunately, the file for the document is too large to be uploaded. But for those interested I will roughly describe what I'll talk about: in the first paragraph I introduce the topic by talking about HG Wells, the writer who popularised the idea of time travel.

In the second paragraph I'll talk about wormholes, relativity and time dilation and how time travel might be possible. Cold hard facts, no fantasy (well, maybe just a little bit but not to the realms of impossibility).

In the third paragraph I'll talk about how conveniant time travel would be for the historian, and how we would be able to reverse catastrophes such as the World Wars utilising time travel.

The fourth paragraph describes how we can predict the future using time travel and prevent future wars, as well as satisfy our curiosity about the fate of humans in the future.

The final paragraph sums everything up and repeats everything I have said.

I might just copypaste the speech and put it on the Self Expression board, is that appropriate?

As for your suggestions, I don't think Lightspeed is an appropriate title since I don't talk enough about it in my speech. Intergalactic Time Travel too, because it gives away that the topic is time travel. Personally I'm clueless as well, and I'm the one who wrote the speech, so I understand if any of you think it's difficult!

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount29

Edit avatar

Re: Need help with thinking of a title for a speech - November 5th 2017, 02:14 PM

Maybe something involving time and history?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Need help with thinking of a title for a speech - November 5th 2017, 04:03 PM

I was going to suggest In and Out of Time....but I just realised that's a poem

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

Closed Thread