TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Courting Chivalrous Fidelity

I can't get enough

Question Going to the newspaper? - December 13th 2017, 08:46 PM

[size="2"]Since the Spring I have been sending in compliants to my local transit system about a driver. Issues have dated back since then to recently.

My local bus comes once an hour. I expect it to be on time or nearly on time. If it is over ten minutes late I start to ask questions and send my compliants in.

I had issues with the one driver who was over ten minutes late. Nothing changed. During the spring, summer and fall I chose to walk 25 minutes to another bus stop. I refused to take his bus. He would make me late for work and miss my connections.

Fast forward to the fall. I complained a lot to my transit and nothing changed he still drove was always late. I got on and made a honest comment sarcastically "Congratulations for being late again." He threatened to kick me off and I refused. He called security and they told him to just drive. The driver then threatened he would drive past me and not pick me up. I called the transit and explained what I said admitted i shouldn't have said that and that he threatened me and I could go to the police with it. I refused to take the bus and walked and they were aware of it.

After a bit I never saw him on the route I take. The bus wasn't late it was on time.

The driver also drives weirdly. He drives and brakes and drives, brakes and drives way too slow.

Last week I am waiting for it and I decided to take it 40 minutes before my shift. It takes the bus 15-20 minutes to get to where I need to go. Nope he was 15 minutes late. I complained again and needed to call my work that the bus was late.

Transit hasn't done anything. They have not increased the trips. It comes once an hour and skips 4pm pick up. This driver is still on the road and my concerns aren't taken seriously.

I have mentioned to them that I can still contact the police on this driver. I also mentioned that I am close of going to a newspaper about the driver. Nothing has changed other than a short while he wasn't driving.

I am not the only passenger who expresses the same thing. Nobody wants him to drive.

Would you at this point just go to the newspaper?[

Note: other drivers aren't late. So why would the same one be so late? I do take into consideration weather and I usually ask about why it's late and there isn't a reason or cause. It's just late, just cause.

When I do a closing shift I start at 5:15pm and I take the bus at 3pm as the 4:35pm I don't trust as I don't know what driver will be there and last time it was him and I was late for work. I leave 2 hours before my shift./SIZE]

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Senior Article Editor | Newsletter Editor | Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Oregano Offline
it's a herb

Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Delwen

Re: Going to the newspaper? - December 15th 2017, 09:33 AM

Could you complain not to the transit but the department of transport if there is one, or maybe to your local representative? I understand that it's very frustrating. Maybe ask the other commuters to complain too, then it'll be taken seriously.

breathe. it's just a bad day, not a bad life.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline

I can't get enough

Re: Going to the newspaper? - December 15th 2017, 01:31 PM

I have been thinking of contacting my local councillor in my ward. I am just a little iffy on contacting him, to be honest. He is conservative and I am liberal, I feel their could be a clash of some sort. I know I shouldn't avoid that just because of politics.

I will look into more things next week. Most of them are going on Christmas Holidays, so it might need to wait. I have been keeping track and notes on the driver; arrival times, delays, being late.

+

(#4 (permalink)) Old
matthewmatters Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Matthew

Re: Going to the newspaper? - December 21st 2017, 05:47 PM

Wow I am just the same with my bus, which is also a once an hour thing. It has been punctual on the way there, but it can be a lot of hassle on the way home. You can get a long wait for my bus, so the cheek of having to wait even longer. Do you always go at a specific time? I've noticed the bus is more likely to be late at a certain time or times.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline

I can't get enough

Re: Going to the newspaper? - December 24th 2017, 08:07 PM

Today, they did switch overs on all the routes so they changed the the drivers. But I highly doubt that driver will be put on another route. They also switched the buses, yet again. But it is whatever it's for when the light rail is finished in the spring.

I have compiled things to submit to them of complaints.

I have spoke to a variety of people about the driver and the moment I say, "the driver who doesn't drive, drives slowly, is always late" they know who I am talking about. I call him the "Asian dude because he is Asian and everyone knows who he is. The late one. I've been told he has been aggressive to passengers and some are scared to take his bus or even talk to him asking for directions.

It's sad.

I hope I don't see him on the two main local routes I take. I am kinda done. After last week I am beyond fed up with my local bus.

+

Closed Thread