TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
gbarker Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Losing everyone important to me - June 5th 2009, 10:41 PM

I really need advice, and a friend told me about this site.

About 3 months ago, my mom passed away from a brain aneurysm, which devastated me, my little brother, and my mom's fiancee. After that, me and my little brother had to move in with our half-brother since he was becoming our guardian.

I was really close to my mom. She was the only one I was every able to share my feelings with, and I was especially hurt by her passing away. I felt (am feeling) lonely, and having no one to help me.

My half-brother is a good guardian, but seeing as he is only 23, he does have other things to do, and I just don't feel comfortable talking to him.

All I was left with was my little brother. But after about 2 months, he ran away, saying he was going back to where we used to live to stay with his friend. I hadn't thought much of this-it had happened before. But after about 2 weeks, I realized he was really serious, and was already ready to go.

So now I'm left with no one. The only constants in my whole life had been my mom and brother, and now I had already lost one and was losing the other. I don't know what to do. I can't think about it without bursting into tears or having some sort of panic attack. I was just wondering if anybody had any advice.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Josh

Re: Losing everyone important to me - June 6th 2009, 12:37 AM

Why don't you seek help from your older brother? Is it the age difference? Because as a twenty-one year old, we all feel still like we're fifteen. There's no reason to feel distanced because you feel he's older and moved on... I don't know what exactly the deal is there, but I'd say he's the man of the house now and he'd probably feel it's his responsibility to step in. That's every older brother's job (speaking from experience)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
missinyou Offline
Average Joe

Name: Stephanie

Re: Losing everyone important to me - June 12th 2009, 11:13 PM

I agree with Josh.
Can you talk with friends else? My dad died and I can't talk to my mom or brothers. I hang out with my youth pastors wife a lot and talk to her and my friends and their parents. Maybe you have someone like that that you could talk to? Or you can always talk to people on TH. It is a great site and it has helped me and I'm sure it will help you and you will make friends on here. I hope things get better and you can talk to someone soon. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk, I always have a listening ear.
  Send a message via MSN to missinyou  
Closed Thread