TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LucyLouWho Offline
In that order...
I've been here a while

Name: Chelsey

Husband turns 21 TOMORROW! - October 5th 2009, 08:54 PM

And at the last minute, I've finally decided what I want to do for his birthday!

Since it'll be Tuesday tomorrow, we won't be able to do anything until this weekend. But at least I'm a step ahead in planning it.

I've already reserved us a honeymoon suite at the hotel that we stayed at the night that we were married. And I'm excited about that because there's a hot tub in the room... And there are no restrictions on that this time because I'm not pregnant.

I'm planning on going to town like we normally would for dinner. He's just going to think that we're having dinner out for his birthday. Before we go, I'll drop our son off with my mom... She's agreed to watch him for the night.

After having dinner, we'll go to the store to pick up a few things that we'll need for the night. (But he won't know that we're picking them up for while we're at the hotel... He's thinking that we're just going to go pick up Kaden and then go home.)

As we're coming up on the entrance to the hotel (which is on our way home), I'll ask him to turn in for a minute. He'll be completely puzzled why, but I'm not going to give him ANY answers until we're at the front desk and I tell them our last name and that we're checking in.

EDIT- Oh, and I'm already going to have all of our stuff packed... Probably in my big diaper bag so he doesn't suspect anything.

Any further ideas?

Previously Mommy.Wife.Student

(#2 (permalink)) Old
WashoutThePain Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Name: Ask Away!

Re: Husband turns 21 TOMORROW! - October 5th 2009, 09:23 PM

Aww this sounds so sweet

A couple ideas:
If it's possible bring a CD or iPod with music to listen to while you are at the hotel. I always find that music helps set a nice mood
I am not sure if this is possible, but maybe you can get your husbands favorite dessert earlier that day and pack it with you so you can have it at the hotel rather than the restaurant. Maybe a small cupcake later on that night with a single candle =]
Last but not least, bring some cute pajamas

Hope this works out well
Tell him happy birthday for me

-Amy

(#3 (permalink)) Old
LucyLouWho Offline
In that order...
I've been here a while

Re: Husband turns 21 TOMORROW! - October 5th 2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost-myself View Post
Aww this sounds so sweet

A couple ideas:
If it's possible bring a CD or iPod with music to listen to while you are at the hotel. I always find that music helps set a nice mood
I am not sure if this is possible, but maybe you can get your husbands favorite dessert earlier that day and pack it with you so you can have it at the hotel rather than the restaurant. Maybe a small cupcake later on that night with a single candle =]
Last but not least, bring some cute pajamas

Hope this works out well
Tell him happy birthday for me

-Amy
I love the cupcake idea! Hmm... I've definitely got some more planning to do.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
WashoutThePain Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Name: Ask Away!

Re: Husband turns 21 TOMORROW! - October 5th 2009, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereIsHope View Post
I love the cupcake idea! Hmm... I've definitely got some more planning to do.
Just remember- no matter what you do (even if everything goes wrong), he will still love the effort you put in

(#5 (permalink)) Old
udontno Offline
</3?
I can't get enough

Name: Amanda Kate

Re: Husband turns 21 TOMORROW! - October 5th 2009, 09:39 PM

That sounds like an amazing night. I bet he'll have a great time.

--A

(#6 (permalink)) Old
LucyLouWho Offline
In that order...
I've been here a while

Re: Husband turns 21 TOMORROW! - October 5th 2009, 10:42 PM

I'm going to have to secretly remove some money from our savings account tomorrow. (Which I know he won't mind... I'm just not telling him yet because I don't want him to know I'm up to something. lol I'll be sure to tell him Saturday evening.)

I'm planning on going to the store tomorrow to pick up a few things that I need and I want to make sure that I don't come up with any other ideas first... So if anyone has anything to contribute, please do.

I'm going to get some sodas for the hotel stay, cookies ('cause they're his favorite to snack on), and I'm going to make red velvet cupcakes with white icing. Red velvet is his favorite kind of cake.

I'm going to put I *heart* U on three of the cupcakes, And then I'll have one more with a candle on it that says happy birthday.

I can't wait!!!

Closed Thread