TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Giovyc92 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Race, I wish I was white - October 7th 2009, 04:24 AM

I am 100% mexican. I dont speak spanish because my parents didnt teach me or my twin sister or younger brother because my sister had a speech problem and the doctor said it would be easier on her if my parents chose 1 language so since we live in Arizona, they chose english. My friends always tell me that im the whitest mexican they have ever met, and im ok with that, i dont care if they say that. I know im mexican, i dont really look like it though apparently (thats what my friends say) but on the inside, i feel white. I look at all these girls in my school and see how most of them are white with blonde or brown hair and i just wish i could look like them. I think they look so cute and could pull off any outfit and it seems like guys like white girls more than mexicans. i do have tanish skin and black hair and i cant tell you how many times ive stared in the mirror and thought, i really wish i was white. they just seem prettier than me, even though my friends say i am pretty. i dont know how i started feeling this way. maybe its the media or something but i dont know. i just want to talk to other girls that feel the way i do. im just so confused and lately i have been harder on myself and my looks. there is this white guy that i really like (most of the guys i like end up being white) and it seems like he likes me too but i cant get past the thought that, well he probably like some other girl whos really cute and white. since most of the guys i like are white, they tend to only like white girls. i just really want to talk to someone about this because i cant talk to my parents. please help

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: Race, I wish I was white - October 7th 2009, 05:03 AM

Hi!
I am Mexican too, and you shouldn't been embarressed about been a Mexican. I can actually related to you because even though I live in Mexico I went to High School in the USA and I was also told I looked really white to be a Mexican, and I also looked the the white girls in my class, but I was always pround to be just me. Just be yourself and everyone will like you, even that white guy you talked about.
Trust yourself and have fun.
Good Luck!

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Candy Offline
U think it, but i'll ink it...
Not a n00b

Name: Candy

Re: Race, I wish I was white - October 7th 2009, 11:41 AM

hey, don't worry! u should love YOU! ur friends do, and there is nothing you can do with being ur race so learn to luv ur race and urself. it may b nice to meet more mexican ppl too and hang around with a variety of races!
x

(#4 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...

I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Re: Race, I wish I was white - October 7th 2009, 02:22 PM

Hey,
You should embrace being mexican.
It doesn't matter that you can't speak spanish but maybe it's something you could learn?
Ask your mum or dad to teach you some, maybe do some things that are to do with your culture.
You're mexican regardless, you need to learn to love who you are.
There are loads of pretty mexican girls, it doesn't matter if you're paler, you're still mexican.
Your friends love you for who you are, you should too.
I'm mixed race and I'm pale, not everyone knows I am.
Embrace your culture.
Paige x

(#5 (permalink)) Old
*Faith* Offline
They'll never know.
I've been here a while

Name: Faith

Re: Race, I wish I was white - October 7th 2009, 04:02 PM

You shouldn't worry, I have a polish background and I couldn't for the life of me form a sentence in Polish, it does bother me at times but I've learnt to live with it. If you really want to you could always take lessons? Everyone has something that they want to change about themselves but I think you just have to learn to accept yourself for who you are, don't have people judge you it ends badly sometimes if you take it to heart. If you accept yourself and feel confident in your skin, you'll have the confidence to talk to the guy.

You were the angel of my life, taught me to be free
Now I'm a stranger in your eyes.

Closed Thread